Any comprehensible books on hand signals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol six36 that's hilarious. I've personally looked at this chart like 6 times and i almost didn't notice the changes. :biggrin:
My family and I are actually working on a comprehensive guide that gives a video and high quality image for pretty much all of the diving hand signals out there. Its in the works and going to be released on a chapter by chapter basis every month. Check it out here at this link and if you want, sign up so you can know when the first chapter is released ( Next month) Six I should do an "Adult Swim" version and post your updated communications.

The Complete Guide To: Diving Hand Signals | My Website / Blog

There is an app 'SCUBA diving signals' for iOS available covering more than 200 common hand signals. Personally, I find it useful - but I might be biased because I'm the author :)

Any intro level dive manual or web search should show results for the basic signals. However its all very subjective. Granted there are basic signals that pretty much are constant worldwide, but there will always variations between individual dm's, instructors, dive centres and divers from differing countries/continents. And to that end it really makes very little difference what hand signals you use, the important thing is that the ones you choose to use are all agreed upon by all buddies & buddy teams predive.

Back
Top Bottom