Any great swimmers here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't exhale through a nose due to a medical condition. :wink:

fisherdvm:
Going from barely 2 laps to 25 in 1 month has been a big step for me.

Congratulations, thats a fantastic acheivement!

I'm a long time swimmer and I have to sit back and think about how I breathe. I think its mouth most of the time and a little out of my nose when I tumble turn to prevent it going up. As has been said before, it doesnt matter so much which method you use as just doing the swimming.

I just wish more divers would get wet without their scuba kit!

It was only for pleasure.. Always wanted to swim better, and looking for alternative exercise than running. But now, it will help me to pass the GUE fundies in June...

Yeah, I'm in the same position. I can't run due to bad knees. I'm training for the PADI DM stamina myself. Dunno when I'll start DM, but it's good motivation to get into better shape.

I started having bad knees (retropatella pain syndrome) when I overdid biking years ago. It nagged, and nagged. I don't have much problem with it as long as I run regularly and not doing hills. The swim has been good on my knees too, as the flutter kick really strenghthen and improve your knees.

Back
Top Bottom