Any New Philippines Aggressor info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GirlonFire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have any experience with the Philippines Aggressor? Built in 2020 so I assume there aren’t too many who have sailed her but am considering the boat for Tubbataha.

TIA

I think the original launch got delayed due to Covid, and the upcoming Tubbataha trips in April are the very first cruises.

I think the original launch got delayed due to Covid, and the upcoming Tubbataha trips in April are the very first cruises.

This is correct- it hasn't sailed at all yet. I know someone going in May and can't wait to hear about it!

I don't see any reviews on PADI Travel or on Liveaboard.com and those are the only sources I know for reviews. I know my friend is on the May 7th trip so I'll ask her after that.

Unfortunately I heard from my friend last night that her trip was cut short. She is part of a group charter and 5 people tested positive on Wednesday. They were sent back to port where the 5 people were put in government quarantine in a hotel. An additional 7 people tested positive on Friday and taken off the boat. The remaining people are in quarantine in a different hotel awaiting PCR tests on Monday. Despite negative antigen tests the government health department wouldn't let them leave.

Apart from all that my friend says the boat is beautiful!

Unfortunately I heard from my friend last night that her trip was cut short. She is part of a group charter and 5 people tested positive on Wednesday. They were sent back to port where the 5 people were put in government quarantine in a hotel. An additional 7 people tested positive on Friday and taken off the boat. The remaining people are in quarantine in a different hotel awaiting PCR tests on Monday. Despite negative antigen tests the government health department wouldn't let them leave.

Apart from all that my friend says the boat is beautiful!
Test is no longer required for arrival(fully vaccinated) and Puerto Princesa does not require it either.
1. Where was the test taken? On board?
2. Tutattaha is quite a distance from anywhere so the boat has to return to port. Puerto Princesa?
3. 12 people were tested positive and they all have taken either Antigen/RT-PCR tests within 48hrs prior to their arrival at Philippines.

The boat is beautiful but how about the health of the crew?

There are 4 entries in the Philippines Aggressor Adventure Logs Philippines Aggressor Adventure Logs | Aggressor Adventures™ latest May 7
Nothing on test for Covid or divers been tested positive for the trip started on 07th May.

@also_anon_dc did mention her friend is on the 07th May trip.

Any additional test should be done before the boat set sail! Rapid Antigen test only takes about 15mins for the result.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom