Any New Philippines Aggressor info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well its been a full two weeks and no response from anyone at Aggressor. I emailed Wayne Brown and about 4 VPs.
Wow. Thank for sharing your experience. I had also planned on booking because I thought it was a brand new boat but those are definitely not pictures of a new boat.

Dinner (which served as a bad omen for meals to come) was lobster but was almost raw. One guest ended up with stomach issues the next day

Returning to the food: On the first day of diving, the midday snack was eggrolls. I ate one and it was fine. I looked at the second one after I bit into it and noticed too late the pork was raw. Unfortunately, I suffered because of that later that evening. I spent the night in my cabin vomiting.
I'm a 'well done' guy, and avoid sushi, ceviche and similar 'raw/near raw by any other name' meats, so this alarmed me. I hope they work out the flaws in this operation very soon.
For a boat based in Asia, why are there Middle East outlets and no adapters?
Per Aggressor's website,

"The Philippines Aggressor is 135 feet long with a 28.5 ft. beam, built and powered for comfort, safety and stability. There is a beautiful spacious salon, sun deck with shading, chaise lounges and deck chairs, bar, and grill. The yacht is diesel powered, cruises at 10 knots and has 220V and 110V power onboard."

Did they have the same outlet plug in style for both?

In years past on Aggressor's website there were obvious destination-specific 'Know Before You Go' links offering good insight into what one would encounter on the boat. I don't see that now. Aggressor Fleet has expanded their types of offerings, but now their website doesn't look quite as intuitively informative for liveaboard boat info.

Did you get some sort of 'Know Before You Go' link or page from them? I'm trying to figure out the odds of other people running into an unprepared for regionally odd outlet plug requirement...with no adapters.

I'm a 'well done' guy, and avoid sushi, ceviche and similar 'raw/near raw by any other name' meats, so this alarmed me. I hope they work out the flaws in this operation very soon.

Per Aggressor's website,

"The Philippines Aggressor is 135 feet long with a 28.5 ft. beam, built and powered for comfort, safety and stability. There is a beautiful spacious salon, sun deck with shading, chaise lounges and deck chairs, bar, and grill. The yacht is diesel powered, cruises at 10 knots and has 220V and 110V power onboard."

Did they have the same outlet plug in style for both?

In years past on Aggressor's website there were obvious destination-specific 'Know Before You Go' links offering good insight into what one would encounter on the boat. I don't see that now. Aggressor Fleet has expanded their types of offerings, but now their website doesn't look quite as intuitively informative for liveaboard boat info.

Did you get some sort of 'Know Before You Go' link or page from them? I'm trying to figure out the odds of other people running into an unprepared for regionally odd outlet plug requirement...with no adapters.
Yes, I read the Know before you go thoroughly. I was prepared according to the information given. That doesn’t mean they followed through on everything written. They’re was no mention of needing Middle East adapters. As I said, my second cabin only had one useable outlet. The first cabins outlets had more than one useable outlet.

Wow!! How was the diving?
As I wrote, the diving was the respite to onboard life.
The dive crew and guides were great. If the rest of the boat was run like the dive op, the experience would be worlds better. Most of the issues are managerial.
Changing the schedule and the aging condition of the boat are not things the crew have control over. They tried their best.

As I wrote, the diving was the respite to onboard life.
The dive crew and guides were great. If the rest of the boat was run like the dive op, the experience would be worlds better. Most of the issues are managerial.
Changing the schedule and the aging condition of the boat are not things the crew have control over. They tried their best.
I would be extremely surprised if you found diving in Tubattaha was not enjoyable.
It is managerial issue, big time. NO money to refit the boat after sitting around for 2yrs.
I assumed the blog was terminated because of Covid on board. Another indication on the managerial problem ie. only reporting the good but not the ugly.

[/ISPOILER
Curious if you removed your post on Facebook? I was following it, but now it’s gone.
interesting.
I did not remove it.
Am I surprised it’s gone? Not really. May I should repost…

I would be extremely surprised if you found diving in Tubattaha was not enjoyable.
It is managerial issue, big time. NO money to refit the boat after sitting around for 2yrs.
I assumed the blog was terminated because of Covid on board. Another indication on the managerial problem ie. only reporting the good but not the ugly.
I did say the diving was one of the positives of the trip. I am more of a macro enthusiast but the diving in Tubbataha was very enjoyable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom