Any Place To Do Night Snorkeling In The Keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jay515

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm driving the Keys (via Highway 1) and stopping at numerous places. Is there anywhere that will take you night snorkeling? I am going by myself. Not sure I'd want to snorkel at night by myself.

Pull off on the road where you can legally park and wade out make sure you have a Dv flag.

If you end up finding a place that does night snorkels, please post it here.

Sure thing, scubajoe. I found a place or two that looks promising. Did not say that they allowed it, but didn't say they didn't either. Otherwise, I'll do what sealark recommends. I think if it's REALLY shallow... I had a salt water tank for awhile and used to put the flashlight on it, which was interesting. :)

A number of the charter operators run night dives that are shallow enough to accommodate snorkeling.

I would suggest you call Captain Hook in Marathon or Conch Republic Divers in Tavernier. Both have given me good service, and offer night dives. I don't know for certain if they allow snorkeling on their night dives, but it can't hurt to ask.

The little island off Bahia Honda State Park. I have countless epic night/day snorkels around the island and bridge. There used to be a huge hammerhead cruising the channel, but that was in the seventies. Keep track of the tides, and have fun. Still one of my favorite spots in the world.

I've snorkeled there (Bahia Honda) in like 3 feet of water. Honestly I love that stuff tons and tons of invertebrates like small crabs and brittle stars.

Thanks for all the good suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom