Any Practices For Indicating Divers Have Penetrated?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pir8:
Something like that should be determined on the boat before everyone splashes. Penetrations should be planned and discussed with everyone on the boat before you hit the water. But there are no organizational mandates that I know of.

At times 2 or more boats will be on a wreck....so an item like a snorkel or small slat is a universal recog. sign for wreckers.

texdiveguy:
At times 2 or more boats will be on a wreck....so an item like a snorkel or small slat is a universal recog. sign for wreckers.
OK sounds good to me.

You could always hang a slate over the entry point Stating ....Closed for Inventory....
(shadow divers) always got a kick out of that.

I'm not going there, I'm not going there.

Good question, Catherine. I can imagine that a scenario like this could pose some potentially serious problems. One more reason for me to focus on the marine life on the exterior of the wreck!

Catherine....This sounds like a question for Jeff :D

I believe he may be the expert in this field....

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I read the title of this post and now I learn that it's about some rusty wreck!
:1poke:

Very good question. In Florida it became a problem with having recreational divers taking deco cylinders back to the surface and entering wrecks because another team was in the ship. All of this would be discussed during the boat briefing but we still had the problem durning the dives. My solution was to bring down a slate with the date & telling other divers not to mess with the gear or fallow the line. It helped with the problem of having your deco cylinders taken back to the surface but we still have problems from time to time with someone fallowing the line in anyway.

Bobby

Mauifish:
I read the title of this post and now I learn that it's about some rusty wreck!
:1poke:
:eyebrow: And what:confused: kind of penetration are you thinking of???:rofl3:

In Florida it became a problem with having recreational divers taking deco cylinders back to the surface and entering wrecks because another team was in the ship. All of this would be discussed during the boat briefing but we still had the problem durning the dives. My solution was to bring down a slate with the date & telling other divers not to mess with the gear or fallow the line. It helped with the problem of having your deco cylinders taken back to the surface but we still have problems from time to time with someone fallowing the line in anyway.

so an item like a snorkel or small slat is a universal recog. sign for wreckers.

So...a snorkel is tied off at the entry?

I have never heard of that...

thanks. If you use a slate..do you write something, like a number, on it, or anything?

catherine96821:
If you use a slate..do you write something, like a number, on it, or anything?

How about something like :

"HEY YOU ! Don't even think about occupying this space, disrupting the visibility, or having an OOA ! Regards, C" :D

Back
Top Bottom