Any reason I can't glue pockets to my wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwbyron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My trilam drysuit shrunk over the years, not sure how that happened... but until I can figure it out I'm back into a 7mil.
I miss my pockets. Any reason I can't just glue some pockets onto my wetsuit?

Nope, you can buy pockets. Get some dry suit glue to adhere the pockets. This is the best way as that glue can be removed with a heat gun.

You can for sure. Just the pocket will be small, probably not very useful. Wetsuit is supposed to be tight and form fitting, not much real estate.

I cut the pockets off a leaky drysuit and glued them onto my wetsuit. Easy to do, but one should stretch the wetsuit leg out to what it would be when worn while the process is performed.

Dive gear express has some really nice glue-on pockets. I have them on my 3mm and my 5mm. I use the permanent glue they recommend on their site with the pockets. I use one tube of glue per pocket. These are the ones I use: DGX Gears Vertical Velcro Pocket w/ Knife Sheath

but one should stretch the wetsuit leg out to what it would be when worn while the process is performed.
Why not just glue on the pocket while you're wearing it?

I glue pockets on my wetsuits, I prefer that over shorts. I use Aquaseal Seal Cement. Look into the size of the pockets, the standard size XS scuba ones I have on one wetsuit are big enough for an SMB/spool. The biggest pockets I have found that I have waiting to be glued on my other suit were from Golem Gear (not sure if these are still available).

You'll want to put the wetsuit on then mark the outline of where you want the pocket with a chalk pencil. Then take the wetsuit off and stretch it so the pocket fits the outline appropriately, then you'll want to put two applications of the glue on both surfaces then press together and apply weight overnight if possible.

No reason I can think of why you can't glue on pockets.....

Another option (that I use) for tropical warm water is this Dive Rite strap on pocket. Has a couple of adjustable quick release straps that go around my thigh and also an upper adjustable strap that clips to a lower BC d-ring to keep it from ever slipping down. Perfect pocket for spare mask, signal mirror, spare fin strap/ mask strap, etc..

s1x1vSh.jpg

DnLrNNa.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom