Any recommendation on a 8xAA charger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TampaDiver68

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have a recommendations/personal experience on an 8xAA charger for Eneloop Pro 2550 mAH batteries? (I am trying to consolidate away from using 2x 4AA battery chargers)

Try ISDT

More than 8, and not cheap, but better than chinese junk.

Personally, I would rather have two 4 up than one 8 up. If your charger breaks in the middle of Komodo on a live-aboard, then you still can charge them. If you do need 8 up then this one is great.

It is cheap Chinese junk, but it has reasonable Eneloop charging (not too slow, not too fast) and quite affordable. I had the previous version and it lasted very well, would still be using it if I hadn't spilled a cup of water on it.

Maha/Powerex is what I've been using for years. 1 hour charge cycle is great when you're in a bind.
A 1 hour charge is fine for household use batteries where it's no big deal if their life is shortened. The official Panasonic charger (also a good choice, though you'll need 2) takes 3 hours. There's no magic, faster charge means fewer cycles. And when you're talking Eneloop pros at US$4 a pop, I'm willing to wait to increase their lifespan and reliability.

Ditto on powerex and eneloops

great combo

It is cheap Chinese junk, but it has reasonable Eneloop charging (not too slow, not too fast) and quite affordable. I had the previous version and it lasted very well, would still be using it if I hadn't spilled a cup of water on it.
Which one are you referring to?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom