Any recommendation on a 8xAA charger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which one are you referring to?
Sorry, there seems to be something weird with my Amazon links, I can't see it either. The item is "EBL LCD Universal Battery Charger - 8 Bay AA AAA C D Battery Charger for Rechargeable Batteries Ni-MH AA AAA C D Batteries with 2A USB Port, Type C Input, Fast AA AAA Battery Charger". Currently US$18.
Here's the link again, maybe it will work.

I had to turn off my ad-blocker to see the link.

I use the Ansmann batteries and 8x charger for my strobes. Charger and batteries work great. I have compared them with a friend that has the eneloop and these are about even.

I've got 5 or 6 Xtar chargers, been using some of them daily for years. Never had an issue, charges to 4.2V exactly for Liion, and priced reasonably. Cheap and does what it says... Can't see how it could be better really. Check out Budgetlightforum.com for all kinds of reviews on chargers, batteries, etc...

I use an Ikea 12 battery charger for my eneloops as well as ikea 2450 mAH batteries

This is no longer available but an 8 battery version is still on sale.

I ended up just going with the following:

Panasonic K-KJ75KHC4BA Advanced Battery Charger with USB Charging Port and 4AA Eneloop Pro High Capacity Rechargeable Batteries.

I used them for 15 dives over 5 days this last week (Inon Z-330 strobes), and didn't have any issues. Definitely not a fast charger, but was charging at the end of each day, so I was in no hurry.

My ISDT N16 arrived today - so far it looks like a very nice unit. The casing is metal, so it's pretty good at dissipating heat (and it gets quite warm running sixteen cells at 1.5A). There are four functions - charge, discharge, activation and analysis. I haven't tested activation yet, but analysis happily ran a full cycle on four Eneloop Pro cells that my old smart charger (Liitokala Engineer Lii-500) rejected with weird voltage readings. The mode setting is global, i.e. for all sixteen bays at the same time, as is the current setting - it can be adjusted between 0.1A and 1.5A in 0.1A increments. For sixteen cells, it's also quite compact - here it is next to two universal chargers:

1658065185755.png

Since my battery needs are:
  • 16x AA for two Retra Pro strobes
  • 3x AA for Inon LF800-n torch
  • 1x AA for Perdix AI dive computer
  • 2x 26650 for XTAR D26 torch
  • 1x 21700 for Archon J2 torch/laser pointer combo
  • 1x 18650 for Weefine 1000FR focus light
...I think I can downsize to the ISDT N16 for the AAs plus the little two-bay universal charger that shipped with the D26 for all my Li-Ions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom