Any ScubaBoard members live on St. Croix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BruceA78

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am headed to St. Croix on October 28th and will be there for 7 weeks to determine if I want to move there and was wondering if there are any forum members that currently live there or if anyone knows of any good local clubs or groups that go diving together.

I am headed to St. Croix on October 28th and will be there for 7 weeks to determine if I want to move there and was wondering if there are any forum members that currently live there or if anyone knows of any good local clubs or groups that go diving together.
I like you was considering taking a job and moving there about 15 years ago. I spent a couple of months there to get a feel for the place. Put it this way I didn't take the job, I didn't move there, I've never gone back there again. It's basically a crime infested ghetto. very unsafe. At least that was what I found maybe different for you

@BruceA78 Are you there yet? How is STX for casual diving? Is the club active?

I like you was considering taking a job and moving there about 15 years ago. I spent a couple of months there to get a feel for the place. Put it this way I didn't take the job, I didn't move there, I've never gone back there again. It's basically a crime infested ghetto. very unsafe. At least that was what I found maybe different for you
I lived there about 50 years ago. I was glad to get out in one piece. I've not been back either, although as a tourist you have less exposure.

I lived there about 50 years ago. I was glad to get out in one piece. I've not been back either, although as a tourist you have less exposure.
Yep it's a total 💩 hole. Basically Detroit of the Caribbean, maybe slightly worse

@BruceA78 Are you there yet? How is STX for casual diving? Is the club active?
I've enjoyed the diving on the west end here in Frederiksted, the pier has a lot of different critters to check out and the water on this side of the Island has been very calm 90% of the time. Have also done 3 different 2-tank boat dives out of Frederiksted and the visibility has always been good and only 1 of those 6 dives had any current.

I did a 2-tank boat dive out of Christiansted and it was not fun because of the waves, current and bad visibility but I am told it was very bad conditions there compared to normal so I am going to give it another try next week probably.

They do have an active club that meets once a month at different bars/restaurants around the Island but I have not been able to attend any of those since I have weird working hours and they usually meet on Wednesdays around 7pm which is the middle of my work day (I work M-Th 1pm - 11pm doing remote IT work).

If plans hold up, I'll start living in C-stad in March.

I've enjoyed the diving on the west end here in Frederiksted, the pier has a lot of different critters to check out and the water on this side of the Island has been very calm 90% of the time. Have also done 3 different 2-tank boat dives out of Frederiksted and the visibility has always been good and only 1 of those 6 dives had any current.

I did a 2-tank boat dive out of Christiansted and it was not fun because of the waves, current and bad visibility but I am told it was very bad conditions there compared to normal so I am going to give it another try next week probably.

They do have an active club that meets once a month at different bars/restaurants around the Island but I have not been able to attend any of those since I have weird working hours and they usually meet on Wednesdays around 7pm which is the middle of my work day (I work M-Th 1pm - 11pm doing remote IT work).
Hi Bruce, I'm visiting St Croix & diving Jan 14-20. I plan to spend a lot of time at the pier. I have a buddy but he may not dive as much as I want to because he has a non-diving spouse. Let me know if you want to join a dive with me/us. I'll check back here for your reply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom