Any skier's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep,

Whiteface opens sunday the 15th. I'm so there. Can't wait.

I have a non-holiday seasons pass which means no skiing over X-mas break ;-(, Presidents weekend (I'll be at Tremblant) or February break (I'll be diving in Playa Del Carmen (knock on wood)) so it works out great for me.

Scott

Although, I was thinking of switching to boarding.

I usually go up to Mt Snow.
This season it looks like Stratton.
No Rocky Mountains anytime soon. :(

A SB ski weekend sounds like a great idea.

Killington opened this past Monday. I live about a mile from the lifts. We got about 6 inches of snow last nite (more at summit). Good conditions so far.

Great time of year.....Ski & Dive on the same day!

Be sure to send me a pm if any of ya flatlanders head up this way.

Join me for a :beer:

I used to ski then I started boarding. I have not been in a few years but maybe I will try and go up to Hunter with mhl354 one day this year. Going to have to go digging in the closet of sporting goods I never get to use enough and find my boots and board.

Ben

Jersey once bubbled...

ScottyK can't promise you steep & deep, but I do have a house up in the PA mt's, couple bedrooms, big sleep loft, fireplace, 8 person hot tub on the deck. Elk Mt. is pretty good for PA skiing. Could be open to a SB weekend. PM if you're interested & we can discuss.

LOL- That sounds good enough! I've been a blue trail kinda guy since I tore my ACL playing ice hockey. No more black diamonds or moguls for me. Let me get through the holidays and confirm that I'll still be up here in January, and we can figure something out.

I am in! I usually go to Hunter Mtn since it's the biggest & closest to me. Let me know when you guys go.

-V

Jersey once bubbled...
Woke up in the Poconos this morning to snow. (Then the wind knocked down a branch that took out the phone, cable & electric.) Had my first thoughts about skiing, how bout the rest of you? Anyone else hanging up the dive gear & dusting off the ski gear?

Not a skier, but really want to try. Was going to go last winter, but it never happened. I need something to do all winter, besides watching the Rangers lose, and ice diving is just a little too cold for me!

Actually ingreevox's band plays some of the lodges in the winter too.

Actually I promised to teach my girlfriend how to ski this season, so feel free to join us. We wil be at Hunter Mtn as they have a great area for you to learn how to ski.

-V

:wave: OOH! OOH! OOH!

I would totally take you up on that, Jersey! I love Elk Mt, it's pretty good for Pa, and it's actually pretty similar to some of the smaller places in VT that I frequent and adore, like Middlebury Snowbowl. They have a mogul run there that is just da bomb, one run and my quads are totally shot.
Hot tub? You don't have to ask me twice. When do we ski? When do we ski?! :hyper:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom