Any suggestions/comments for Ikelite video Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BomberoDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a Sony DCR-DVD 301 Handycam and I plan to buy an Ikelite 6038.32 underwater housing for it. I have been searching the web and found a good price in bhphoto.com . Does any one have any comments or suggestion on this type of housing? Reviews?? Thanks guys!

BomberoDiver:
I have a Sony DCR-DVD 301 Handycam and I plan to buy an Ikelite 6038.32 underwater housing for it. I have been searching the web and found a good price in bhphoto.com . Does any one have any comments or suggestion on this type of housing? Reviews?? Thanks guys!

Both myself and my girlfriend have Ikelite housings for our video cameras and we both like them very much. Plus Ikelite support is the best !

My GF's housing had a small crack (possible airline damage) and Ikelite replaced it very fast and in time for our next trip later this month.

NAIBDiver1

I am pleased with my Ikelite PD150 housing. Simple, robust, relatively economical as housings go. B&H is also a good place to buy camera gear. Good folks. Very reputable.

i had an IKELITE up until last christmas and was 110% happy with it. never a worry, solid as a rock, questions i had were answered in depth by the wonderful folks at IKELITE. couldn't have been happier.

I have the one that is clear. If that is the one your talking about - its great!!!
seeing inside is the best and I love the manual knobs.
I bought a different one to try it out... (cant remember what it was called..) but it flooded and I hate it.
Ikolite is great.
& i got mine at B& H also.

Thanks guys for your input!

Back
Top Bottom