Any teens in KY that dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You had better check w/ Joe on him allowing kids/diving teens. Most of the time he'll only allow if they are with an instructor unless you clear with him ahead of the time.

crpntr133:
How old is PADIknight's daughter?? Or do girls have cooties at that age?? :D

She's a 19 YO college student and isn't around as much as she use to be altough she's coming home this summer. Home now for SB since the scuba clubs keys dive fell through we're going to get in the pool to do some refresher dives since last dive was in Oct on the Bill Perry off SC coast. I know that Boy Scouts in Lexington were talking about starting a Venture crew geared towards Scuba diving. Call the Bluegrass Council and see if they ever did.

Thanks for the posts.
Chris - as to the "hoosier" comment, remember - I did say I was from Chicago NOT Indiana ! (Just kidding, the state line is seven houses away from mine, so I'm more than close enough to qualify!)
Louisville does sound like a neat place to live or visit. And, I'll email the BSA in Lexington to see if they do have a scuba program, thanks for the suggestion.
As far as me diving, well ...I'm really dating myself here but I was a kid when the movie Jaws came out and let's just say it made a huge impression on me (not in a good way)! My husband was NAUI certified around 20 years ago when we lived in FL but guess he'd need to do the program again. I hope he will so diving will be something that the two of them can do together!

PADI Knight:
She's a 19 YO college student and isn't around as much as she use to be altough she's coming home this summer. Home now for SB since the scuba clubs keys dive fell through we're going to get in the pool to do some refresher dives since last dive was in Oct on the Bill Perry off SC coast. I know that Boy Scouts in Lexington were talking about starting a Venture crew geared towards Scuba diving. Call the Bluegrass Council and see if they ever did.

Wrong daughter then, I think. The girl I was thinking of came to the KPP meet n greet last year. She hurt her leg while getting out of the water. Dad helped her get out of some of her gear.

What's wrong with buddying with divers of varying (cough, cough....read advanced) ages?

I know most of the KPP would not make idyllic role models.........but really....I'd much rather have my son or daughter (she is cert'd but a warm water wussie) diving with adults. :)

pennypue:
I know most of the KPP would not make idyllic role models.........

Even me? I thought I became a bucolic person since coming to IN. :rofl3:

My brother-in-law is a diver... he's 14. We spend almost every weekend in the summer diving. We live in the western end of KY... close to Paducah. We go to Mermet Springs usually.

hoosier:
Even me? I thought I became a bucolic person since coming to IN. :rofl3:
:shakehead That's baaaaad!!!

Hope to see you this weekend at Joe's.:blinking:

pennypue:
:shakehead That's baaaaad!!!

Hope to see you this weekend at Joe's.:blinking:

Are you going to be on Saturday or Sunday?

Looking at Saturday.

We're going to trim my new seals tonight. :)

Back
Top Bottom