Any tips for Jet Lag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I appreciate you are not looking for an argument - and what you are saying could very well be completely true for US airlines - I understand it. Luckily I'll be flying with JAL - and I know they don't have such a policy!!

KimLeece:
I appreciate you are not looking for an argument - and what you are saying could very well be completely true for US airlines - I understand it. Luckily I'll be flying with JAL - and I know they don't have such a policy!!

that you have to pay for living in the evil country of America where no one is Innocent.
I feel sorry for the airlines in a way, damed if you do and damed if you don't, it must be a nightmare trying to juggle passenger comfort and security

East is least and west is best.

Traveling east, stay awake until it's time to sleep in the new time zone.

Traveling west, sleep as much as possible.

You'll get on track right away. Drugs aren't necessary.

cdiver2:
that you have to pay for living in the evil country of America where no one is Innocent.
I feel sorry for the airlines in a way, damed if you do and damed if you don't, it must be a nightmare trying to juggle passenger comfort and security
Well, being a Brit I'm used to it. I did a computer course in the seventies that was in Oxford Street. During the 6 months of my course the IRA blew up one Underground station (you guys call it the subway!) - bombed several shops in and around Oxford Street - and put one bomb in a rubbish bin that I walked past everyday to get to the place where my course was - luckily it didn't go off while I was close! Terrorism seems to have come a long way since the days when the Haganah bombed the King David hotel in Jerusalem.

KimLeece:
Well, being a Brit I'm used to it. I did a computer course in the seventies that was in Oxford Street. During the 6 months of my course the IRA blew up one Underground station (you guys call it the subway!) - bombed several shops in and around Oxford Street - and put one bomb in a rubbish bin that I walked past everyday to get to the place where my course was - luckily it didn't go off while I was close! Terrorism seems to have come a long way since the days when the Haganah bombed the King David hotel in Jerusalem.

I'm also a Brit served 6 years in the army 3 of them in NI, shipped to Cyprus when that blow up. In Aldershot when it hit the fan there. Left the army and went back to NI as a prison officer 5 years had the dubious pleasure of meeting Bobby Sands. In retrospect the US is still a long way from those days

Walter:
East is least and west is best.

Traveling east, stay awake until it's time to sleep in the new time zone.

Traveling west, sleep as much as possible.

You'll get on track right away. Drugs aren't necessary.

I did Manila Cincinnati Manila a lot back in the 80s -90s and found that not eating much on the flight and NOT DRINKING really helped. The weird thing I found was that flying west to east I suffered way worse jet lag. Maybe because it seems to take 2 full days. But flying from Minniapolis to Tokyo it seemed to take a few hours. (13 to be exact) But you leave Minneapolis at 1:30 pm and arrive in Tokyo at about 2 pm. the next day but you don't feel it following the sun.

cdiver2:
I'm also a Brit served 6 years in the army 3 of them in NI, shipped to Cyprus when that blow up. In Aldershot when it hit the fan there. Left the army and went back to NI as a prison officer 5 years had the dubious pleasure of meeting Bobby Sands. In retrospect the US is still a long way from those days
Interesting! My Dad also served in Cyprus when I was 5. My younger brother is currently looking after the people in Belmarsh. Yes - you are right - unfortunately America is still in very early stages. I sincerely hope it stays that way - but history isn't exactly on their side. I'm 52 - you must be a little older?

KimLeece:
Interesting! My Dad also served in Cyprus when I was 5. My younger brother is currently looking after the people in Belmarsh. Yes - you are right - unfortunately America is still in very early stages. I sincerely hope it stays that way - but history isn't exactly on their side. I'm 52 - you must be a little older?

55 but I don't look it more like 21, ah well we can dream it cost's nothing. The only sure thing that I know is the world gets more unpredictable every year.

cdiver2:
55 but I don't look it more like 21, ah well we can dream it cost's nothing. The only sure thing that I know is the world gets more unpredictable every year.
B****r me - you must look younger than me - I look at least 24 - what's your secret?

1. Drink enough water, more than you think you need.
2. Sleep for part of the flight.
3. As soon as you get on the plane, set your watch to your destination's time.
4. Walk until the stewardess tells you to sit down. Sit for an hour or so, and then walk in another part of the plane. That way you don't run into the same stewardess (steward).
5. Don't sleep during the day when you get there. You may be tired and want to, but don't sleep for more than 30 minutes. Save it for a good night's sleep, this way you get on the cycle right.

Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom