Any Updates on Scubajets or Lefeets from actual users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have done a two-hour 4km (2.4 mile) dive in sidemount with the Scubajet and it handled that without a problem

What is the max distance it can do?

On both scooters I have designed camera mounts to fix my large dive camera, housing, and lights to and both scooters handle it well

You "designed," did you also build/manufacture these mounts?

What is the max distance it can do?

You "designed," did you also build/manufacture these mounts?
That was pretty much the max distance at a speed no greater then 50% power, it actually died just before getting to shore. 50% would be, at an estimate, the same as gear 4 on the Blacktip.

That is one of the cons of the Scubajet is that you have limited option for batteries, I did open one of the battery pack to check what cells they were using and it was the high end Samsung 18650 3400mAh cells at the time, so potentially if better batteries were available (currently 3500mAh) you could swap the cells, but it'd be a process. And there is no chance of going to 21700 cells.

"You "designed," did you also build/manufacture these mounts?"
Yes I do, I design, test, and manufacture all products on my site, I outsource the 3D printing to commercial 3D printer to have them made in Nylon for the durability.

Cheers
Troy

On a recent trip to Malin Head, north west Ireland, the Blacktip was great. I particularly liked being able to get around some of the big wrecks that we dived there to about 70m/230ft.

HMS Audacious is a full Dreadnaught battleship about 200m over the wreck site. Using the scooter meant I could get from our shot on the bow (famous for the two big 13.5" guns) all the way to the twin rudders and back again with plenty of extra time to have a good look around. Rarely go above speed #5 as it drags on my mouthpiece.

It's far more comfortable if you tweak the tether string to pull equally; surprising what a small adjustment does for the way it pulls.

Mine's very slightly heavy in seawater and I'm happy with that — can place it on the wreck without floating off, obviously using the tether to keep it in place, as you go for a wriggle. One day I may take out a few pieces of shot from the nose.
Tweaking the tether is very important for comfort, the scooter should be pulling you along by the tether, not by your arm.

I replaced the tether on my Scubajet as the elastic thing doesn't suit diving and isn't adjustable

Have used both the Lefeet S1 and the Blacktip.

Preference?...Hands down...Blacktip.

Why...(2) 9 amp hr Waitley batterys... last 3 full dives. Those are at 118', average speed 3, run time of 65-70 mins, and trigger time about 35 minutes per dive. Used to blow bottom... yes, I am a "tooth" diver.

Can excavate 3-16" sand and broken rubble on speed 3-4....in about 15 secs or less.

I dive doubles with deco bottle side slung...

Blacktip is a JOY to backroll with, ( only 25 lbs) and doesn't create a hernia when boarding boat.

Battery charge in a matter of hours. Never had ANY kind of flooding issue. Only thing I've had to do was make sure to blow out the trigger rod, sand or shell bits.

No brainer....Blacktip hands down.

JMO

P.S. That scooter has made me about 20K since last Oct....
How long did the Lefeet S1 last per dive?

The Lefeet P2 is now on Kickstarter.

It has a battery time of 60 minutes or 90 minutes with extended battery. It is fast, 2.3m/s with extended battery or double them up for even more power! They also sell a mount so you can attach it to your tank.

The kickstarter prices are great! Jump on it
https://lefeet-p1-versatile-underwater.kckb.st/c37652bf

The Lefeet P2 is now on Kickstarter.

It has a battery time of 60 minutes or 90 minutes with extended battery. It is fast, 2.3m/s with extended battery or double them up for even more power! They also sell a mount so you can attach it to your tank.

The kickstarter prices are great! Jump on it
https://lefeet-p1-versatile-underwater.kckb.st/c37652bf
2,3 m/s ?
Impossible ! It would be much more faster than Suex, Genesis or Seacraft !

Back
Top Bottom