Any vintage dive mask collectors out there? Especially from Japan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have visions of the tip of my nose squashed against the glass holding the seal away from my face. :wink:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That was the problem with all the Pre WW11 and post WW11 Japanese and Korean dive masks. Even the famous and highly desirable " Sea Net" which was the 1942 American copy of the Oriental masks suffered from the same problems.

The nose squeeze against the face plate could be solved by gluing a small amount of "foam" at that time a piece of sponge around the perimeter of the skirt.

You as one who has spent considerable time in commercial gear I suspect you recall Phil Widoff's brass Abilene mask which required copious amounts of foam to seal and be comfortable for long periods. Same principle..

SDM

Last edited:
A great fitting mask early versions in blue, be good to learn the first year of production. CRESSI (3).jpgPIPER ALPHA.jpg

Hello Bj nice mask. Here are some I have. The Blue is a Super Pinocchio erly chrome band. The orange is a Rissian knock off maybe? As far as the first year of production. I would guess 1955 ? I will explain why in the next post.

CRESSIGOGGLES003.jpg
CRESSIGOGGLES001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom