Any wetnotes type printer paper?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MilitantMedic:
I'm trying to do something similar, but I have an inkjet unfortunatly.

Try it out though, what have you got to lose!?
Well, laser printers use a lot of heat to seal the ink to the paper. If you put a non-laser compatible plastic through it (e.g. an ink-jet plastic paper) you risk trashing the printer.

I learnt this the hard way - though fortunately with a cheap, secondhand printer.

National Geographic sells something called "Adventure Paper". It's not only waterproof but it's hard to tear.

That stuff's cool!

I was thinking of a way to print out short stories or something to read on deco :D

Rachel

LOL not a bad idea.....

Deco Books, readers digest versions of all your favorite books. All waterproof and fits into all wetnotes codura sheaths.

-copyright MilitantMedic 2006

Actually, I think you have to pay me for the idea.

I have intellectual property rights as evidenced by my post showing up before yours.

R

So does anyone have feedback/experience on how well this stuff works for scuba? I have a laser printer and have tried to print stuff for diving. While it doesn't wash off or fade like ink jet, it does flake off if the page is folded or creased. Putting lamination over it fixed that. But that's more work than just printing. Be curious to hear about ink jet on waterproof paper underwater.

i find for decos. if you get a mag.. and tear it in sec. you can read while in deco. but its a one time use i heard of people doing with books ive only done it with magazines has to be the shiney paper ones i dont know what kind of paper it is but wooks good one time uses once you get out of the water its no good

Back
Top Bottom