Any women dive the Aeris Caribe or Mares Origin Sport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

21isfun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I like the sternum strap since it makes me feel more secure, and I'm looking to buy my first setup. Scubatoys has a carribean setup on sale right now that would prob be perfect, but the Aeris looks long in the body and I'm definitely short in the upper body. Can anyone comment on this?

Also, the Mares Origin sport looks less bulky that than the vector origin and has the sternum strap standard. They are the same price on leisure pro.

I know the best way is to try them on, but I've dove with mares, US divers, aqualung, etc for rentals and from my experience all of them fit appropriately enough to get through dives comfortably. I won't be using this gear a ton- but I will be diving a least once in Hawaii in may, and for a 2 week trip to Tahiti in June. Then they prob won't get used for a couple summers at least (medical school doesn't allow time for much as well as a lack of money). However, the research station in Tahiti is remote and no rentals are available so buying is a must.

I'm dropping about $5000 on travel this summer and am down to my last dimes for dive gear. I like the $369 deal at scubatoys-seems like a decent setup but I'm concerned about that BC.

Any input is appreciated.

I just got my wife that Caribe as an alternate to her other new poodle jacket I just got her. The Caribe she has is not weight integrated and that is why I got it because her other new BC is.

She is 5"2 and kinda little bitty and the Caribe she got is the XS. Well, sucked all the way in it barely fits and yes it is a little long through the body but acceptable. All in all I think it will do fine for her for those times I want her in a weight belt instead of her custom Extreme Elle I made for her.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom