Anybody else having this problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All good points. I have decided just to put up with the sticking problem at the end of the dive, as does giffenk, because I don't think I will be comfortable drilling holes in this expensive set of fins unless I hear a "This will definitely work" comment. Thanks to all who replied.

I spray the insides of my jets with silicone available at any LDS. It helps a lot, comparable to 50% less effort than without.
I think it's worth a try without damaging those expensive fins.

I spray the insides of my jets with silicone available at any LDS. It helps a lot, comparable to 50% less effort than without.
I think it's worth a try without damaging those expensive fins.

I think this would be the more helpful option. It is the neoprene compressing at depth and wedging your boot further into the fin pocket that is happening. Not so sure the suction is that much of a contributor. I usually have to pull my spring strap off my jets then stand on the fin and pull my foot out of the pocket... o.k. yup that would be kind of a tough thing to do with a couple of joint replacements. So use some food grade silicone.

Will try the spray silicon. Sounds like that is a very workable solution. Thanks to all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom