Anybody for AKR shore dive Saturday afternoon 18 June 22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMyMyOHellYes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Arriving Saturday, 18 June.

Anyone else going to be there that might be interested in a Saturday afternoon sore dive off the Key? I've no buddy...

OMMOHY

Shore diving at AKR???

Is this actually a thing?
@OhMyMyOHellYes , please prove me wrong. Post pictures and sketch of this “dive site”.

Their web site says they have shore diving at Front Porch Reef.

Interesting. Learn something new every day.

I read it on the nets, so…

The single best shore entry at AKR is the crazy good muck dive under the piers and docks. Advise the Dockmaster of your intentions for guidance.

The ‘as advertised’ shore dive is not done by many, and then, usually only once.

Always hoping for better impressions than mine, but there was a very recent trip report on AKR that painted the same impression.

Get on a boat, they run lots of them.

I read it on the nets, so…

The single best shore entry at AKR is the crazy good muck dive under the piers and docks. Advise the Dockmaster of your intentions for guidance.

The ‘as advertised’ shore dive is not done by many, and then, usually only once.

Always hoping for better impressions than mine, but there was a very recent trip report on AKR that painted the same impression.

Get on a boat, they run lots of them.
Thanks, that's what I thought.

I was there last year. Stayed on the hill. Got invited to try it but never made it. Only went out on the key that one time for the limbeaux contest ... If I do it this time, at least I can say "I tried it".

OMMOHY

Reactions: Doc
Better the shore dive rather than drunk dancing with a stick.

please do the dive and report. This time of year will likely offer you the best wind and wave conditions.

You Texans spell Limbo kinda’ funny, but then again, you do call the island “Roy-uh-Tan’.

That's the proper Louisiana stick dance spelling.

I'll do it if I can find an unwitting victi, er, um, willing dive buddy on the key....

Actually, I'd kind of like to do a few of them for statistical sake....

🐯
Geaux Tigers!

OMMOHY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom