Anybody for AKR shore dive Saturday afternoon 18 June 22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try snorkeling under the dock, on the Key. I was there a couple of weeks ago and found a brown seahorse, a mated pair of banded coral shrimp (one carrying eggs), the largest arrow crab I've ever seen and some other odds and ends. The resident barracuda will keep a watchful eye on you too.

I am back as of EARLY this morning!

I'm wondering how to Collect my PADI Earthquake Diver Specialty C-card now. Is it just send them a check for $65?

Yes, underwater on afternoon dive when they had the earthquake! 103 KM away but tectonic plates shift in the trench is still pretty loud even at 60-65 miles.

How many folks have one of those logged?

1656253745691.png

Anyhow, did the shore dive as a night dive. To me it was a surprisingly good dive. VERY shallow entry and have to stay in the crack that's maybe 5 ft deep, then it opens a little and you get to follow a little bit deeper channel until you can get to reasonable reef. Follow the rope. Lots of cracks. On the entry, reef is only in 1-3 foot of water in places on either side. The whole week, VIZ was not the best due to a couple of stormy nights, but it was worth trying the shore dive. (coral wise, not so much creature wise) If I go back I'll do it again during day hours.

OMMOHY

Reactions: Doc
Did you do the dive on Saturday? When I was at Anthony's Key the dive shop was completely closed on Saturdays so there was no way to dive since you couldn't get a tank.

Nope. They are hard over on no dive the day of your arrival for some reason. Met an instructor with another group and we were to meet up to do a Saturday shore dive, but no joy.

OMMOHY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom