Anybody have any experience with one of these, Opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

binkoba

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking at buying this one tomorrow. Does anybody know anything about it. It is three phase, but will convert.

311283708_5792819817449584_2572789377105202613_n.jpg

The fan looks suspiciously like a BAUER K14. If that is the block that Ingersoll-Rand based this on, then this should be a great compressor, if in good condition, and if parts are available.

That is the wrong side for anybody to give you any information.
It could be an ingersoll pump, it could be a Bauer, it could be a Hamworthy.
No way to tell by a picture of the fan.

Here is a few shots of the compressor pump. It is three phase, so I cannot use it, I am looking for how to convert to gas, or should I sell it and buy a gas one?

Attachments

• PXL_20221203_155645256.jpg
    PXL_20221203_155645256.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 47
  • PXL_20221203_155818861.jpg
    PXL_20221203_155818861.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20221203_155832213.jpg
    PXL_20221203_155832213.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 56
The block that they put in is a BAUER K14 block. If you search the forum you'll find it is one of the best compressors made. It can run all day, day in, day out. I don't recall if all the parts are available. There is a popular supplier here in the US that offers kits, but forgot the name. People on the forum know. It may need a serious overhaul, but will then run decades without skipping a beat. Too big for most people, so they are sold cheaper than small compressors, but IMHO they are awesome.

But it is a big 4-stage compressor and I am not sure there are gas engines for this type. Others here may know. Folks here are also savvy about using a "VFD" to convert 3-phase to 1-phase, but I am afraid this big of a compressor would require an expensive VFD converter (plus it needs some know how to set up, that I wish I had).

Another route is to buy a 1-phase motor for it, -once you know the overhaul is feasable.

The West German label dates it to before early 90's

Wikipedia:
German reunification (German: Deutsche Wiedervereinigung) was the process of re-establishing Germany as a united and fully sovereign state, which took place between 2 May 1989 and 15 March 1991. The day of 3 October 1990 when the German Reunification Treaty entered into force dissolving the German Democratic Republic (GDR; German: Deutsche Demokratische Republik, DDR, or East Germany) and integrating its recently re-established constituent federated states into the Federal Republic of Germany (FRG; German: Bundesrepublik Deutschland, BRD, or West Germany) to form present-day Germany, has been chosen as the customary German Unity Day (Tag der deutschen Einheit) and has thereafter been celebrated each year from 1991 as a national holiday.[1] East and West Berlin were united into a single city and eventually became the capital of reunited Germany.

It has 501 hours on it. Now I need to figure out if I would be better off trying to sell it as a whole, and to buy something like this.

s-l1600.jpg

Hey I'd buy it, but one of my oars is broken

But you really should power one of these up
and the entire neighbourhood will thank you

002 (1).JPG

But only if they are divers, if not they will call the EPA or police

And you power them up with one of these, a phase converter

071.JPG

Listen to your house hum, a bit like this

images (1).jpg

A superior current technology electonically controlled PHASE CONVERTER

CURRENT TECHNOLOGY ha ha ha ha, did you like how I did that ha ha ha