Anybody here ever....Snowboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFreak

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Go snoboarding??

I'm about to take some lessons cos im off to the slopes in february. been a couple times, but wanna be a bit more up to scratch this time round!!

SF

Scuba_freak:
Go snoboarding??

I'm about to take some lessons cos im off to the slopes in february. been a couple times, but wanna be a bit more up to scratch this time round!!

SF

Snowboarding? You mean....on snow? Isn't that dangerous?

scubasean:
Snowboarding? You mean....on snow? Isn't that dangerous?

indeed i did mean snowboarding :wink:

And it can be dangerous, had a couple of falls but nothin more than a bruise!

Wear padding on your butt and try not to fall on your wrists. Breaking those hurts :wink:

Yep, I snowboard when it's too cold for diving :wink:. It's all in the stance and shifting your center of gravity.

I played around with skateboards when I was a kid, so it is somewhat similar. I tried surfing a couple of years ago and it is similar too.

Eddy.

Be prepared, if you don't pick it up right away, you will be sore. I was a downhill skiier for years, then tried snowboarding. The whole day was; fall on butt, fall on face,fall on butt,e.t.c. When i started to pick it up, i was actually too tired and sore to enjoy it. I guess my advise would be; don't over do it, take your time and if you don't get it right away, take a break, have lunch or something, then come back to it, don't push to the point of pain, it's suppose to be fun!!!

chris hecker:
Be prepared, if you don't pick it up right away, you will be sore.

I can board to a point, i mean i can get myself down a mountain, and slow my self down if Im goin to fast, but i figured a few lessons may prepare me a bit more this time round...

ever board or ski on a dry slope? I believe it's a bit trickier...

Season's coming up, better start working out.........see you on the slopes.

Trouble with snowboarding. Everything you learned downhill skiing, forget. It is a totally different gig.

i'm just hoping the lessons help me out and i can improve my air on last year..... :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom