Anybody want anything from Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you think my BC will be full of! LOL

If you see any remoras, try to keep them from sticking to you. When I dove for Spring Break in Coz once, the biggest remora I've ever seen kept trying to stick to my rear end. I guess I must have a big rear end! Ruined the entire dive. Couldn't get the darn thing to go away! Tequila, please. A big fine bottle of Tequila would be nice.

bennedc:
If you see any remoras, try to keep them from sticking to you. When I dove for Spring Break in Coz once, the biggest remora I've ever seen kept trying to stick to my rear end. I guess I must have a big rear end! Ruined the entire dive. Couldn't get the darn thing to go away! Tequila, please. A big fine bottle of Tequila would be nice.

This is so funny and very true. I was diving with a guy who had a remora try and attach itself to his butt! It is the basis for the "Remora on your Butt" joke. You write a message on your slate and then when the DM blows his bag for the safety stop, you hand him the note. You can take bets beforehand if the DM will let go of the reel or discreetly use one hand to feel around. :14:

OK, now I have to look for one to stick to Kathys butt! LOL

Day one report. BRAND NEW CAMERA DESRTOYED AND i HAVENT EVEN BEEN IN THE WATER YET. Going tommorow. Pray for camera two.

Wildcard:
I just sent back the second pair of Wiley-Xs, they are too close to my eyes and rub on my eyelashes.
Im having the "just in case" problems. As in "Whats that for?" while packing. And she really wasn't happy about my will conversation on the phone, just in case. And you should have seen the look I got when I said Camo didn't matter because I wasn't hiding from anything! Had to rephrase that one....Lots of cool new toys though :)

WildCard,
A lot of people over here have tossed the Wiley-Xs and gone with a blade type glass, Either the ESS or the Oakley. Goggles are a must on convoy with all the dust; again the ESS goggles are pretty good. If you have a M9 I'd recommend a paddle hostler for while on Base, the drop holsters and harness holsters get really annoying after awhile. Also Knee pads are good with the new vehicles; the dash is right on your knees caps. Finally, the one thing the exchanges can't get right is blades for razors; they never seem to have them.

Hope this helps , and stay safe.

john

Thanks!
Day two. Great diving. After last nights bed, army cots in a tent sound pretty nice.
Diving again tomorrow. Has the boat to our selves today, very nice.

If it makes you feel any better, I've never stayed in a hotel in Cozumel that didn't have hard beds. I noticed the pillows were lumpy last time. What happened to your camera? Tell us about your dives as we need a vicarious one.

Most of the rooms have an RJ-45 port by the desk. They have cables at the front desk. It's something they don't mention when you check in.

I discovered 250 peso long island ice teas tonight, should help the bed situation. Diving again with sea urchin in the am. Good dives, remarkable amouant of coarl left, tons of conchs, big cuda and groupper. Hope we have the boat to our selves again!
Camera is a long story but basicly it got crushed.
Pics to follw later.
Town square is so nice and peaceful after the cruse ships pull out, nice evening.
Aloha for now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom