Anyone been to Pulau Weh Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, it is relatively new. I don't have any experience with them. I think it was owned by a malaysian couple.

Was in Pulau Weh in 11-14 March 2012 and dived with LumbaLumba.

Have heard there is ok diving at Pulau Weh, anyone care to share honest opinions? Are there really mantas and whale sharks? Or are they a real rarity. For someone that has been to Philippines, Maldives, most of Indo, Sipadan ..how does it compare? I do like the idea of quiet seclusion though

I've been to both sipadan and pulau weh. I would say both have their own different attraction. Sipadan is undoubtedly the Mecca for diving in Malaysia. To be in sipadan, one will need to be in mabul. Mabul is an excellent place for a dive as well. Superb view, prestine corals and plenty to be seen there. I guess just by googling you will have the details of what are the attractions over there. Pulau weh meanwhile offer different kind of attractions. Big size gorganion sea fan, village of morays and plenty more. Different scene from sipadan and undoubtedly beautiful as well. Both I would say are must experience spots.

Manta in Weh? I'm not sure. But many said u will see one if u are lucky. Whale shark should be in October I was told.

Whats the better operators on Pulau Weh? I hear of mixed reports about one particular operator there, and overcrowded boats. Not sure of others. Im a photographer and I avoid boatloads of beginners at every opportunity. I cant seem to find any other details of reliable operators.

Last edited:
I don't think suitable for me to elaborate here in respect to this thread by Mountain Breeze on Pulau Weh Resort.

In brief, I may not be able to give a well rounded opinion. However, I do like it when we did a dive with Lumba Lumba. We got a boat to our own (7 divers) while I remember there are 3 other divers who got a boat to their leisure as well. I guess it got to do with the number of divers of the day as well. My suggestion, do a trip during low season.. And u will have spaces desired :)

Yes fair enough straying off topic from the thread. However I find it strange for a first time post made about the resort in the link. There is no reference to the specifics that the OP require in a resort and of the diving intended. One could forgive us for suspecting that you are affiliated with the resort in question though.

Haha.. Yep.. However, I need more details on Pulau Weh, feel free to PM me. Since I've not been to all OP, pretty unfair for me to give a statement. But I can share the insight of my trip.

Cheers!

Mabul is an excellent place for a dive as well. Superb view, prestine corals and plenty to be seen there.
Pristine corals? Really? Pristine? Unspoiled, in their natural state. I'm going to hold you to that. I am skeptical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom