Anyone considering the Dive Rite Transpac II read on...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by TxDeepDiver
Got my TPII about a year ago and floating in the box was a pair of nylon bolts with well nuts screwed on them. Found out later that these were to "hold" the wing in place on the soft pack in the absence of a tank or set of doubles. They are in no means structural since the tank actually holds the wings in place.
Never the less, I quickly regulated these plastic things to my "junk drawer" in place of some SS bolts and well nuts just for my own security. (without a tank on the TPII, the wings are only being held on by the tank band straps if these are not in place)

That is really the only thing "cheesy" about the TPII. Dove it several times and haven't had any problems etc. Very comfortable, adjustable, etc.

Mine came with both the nylon screws as well as a pair of of SS bolts and well nuts. Both of them went in my junk drawer too I used a couple of wire ties to hold the wing on between dives when the tank is not attached. I've got about 25 dives on it since the Spring and have had nothing but great dives using it.

Ty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom