Anyone ever dove St. Croix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scoobadivinchick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If anyone has ever dove St. Croix, I'd love to hear your opinions. I was considering diving with St Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures and I wondered if anyone could share their experiences.

Thanks, and safe diving to all.

Laura

We dove St Croix last December with the Nekton.
Here is a link to my trip report on our web page with a lot of pictures.
Didn't really spend any time on the island but did dive the area for a full week.
PuertoRicoStCroix

I dove with several operations in St Croix. SCUBA had a very nice boat. Everyone was very friendly and professional. A very sterile operation. DM's were a bit of a mother hen in my opinion.

I really enjoyed diving up in the Cane Bay Area and loved diving with Cane Bay Divers (right on the beach). That's who I will dive with next time I am there.

St. Croix has some great Wall Diving. North Star, West Wall that whole reef system is a must. Fredrickstedt Pier is doable at least once, but only at night.

All in all a great time!!!!

jcf

Cool, thanks everyone!!

What are the sea conditions like - what size waves, strong currents, etc?

Hi,
The wife and I dove with St.Croix Scuba. They are based in Christianstead right on Queen's street(right near the dock and multiple shops and most importantly the Brew pub(for afters). St Croix diving is spectacular and when we went there was no current or big waves. The operation was excellent and you don't have to worry about navigating back to the boat as they send a DM with each group. We were never crowded and Ed, the owner is just a gem. He has this huge dog in the shop who has really embraced the Carribean lifestyle. H e holds down the floor all day.
I heard that Ed bought an operation in Fredrickstead now, so it's possible to dive both sides of the island with just one operation. Also they offer some great hotel/diving/air packages. Big tip:Rent a car at the airport, the taxis will kill ya. Have a fantastic time!

Thanks. I have met Ed several times at Scubafest , and he seems really nice. Thanks for the info.

Take a look at N2 the Blue, too. N2 The Blue :Dive St Croix, Scuba St Croix, St Croix dive shops, scuba dive packages to St. Croix, scuba dive virgin islands-

We lived on the island for 3 years. Dove with all the shops, except Cane Bay. Derrick and Anne at N2 have a 6 pac (Max # of divers) and they dive from Carambola to Sandy Point.

While SCUBA is a nice dive operation, they are the busiest dive operation on St. Croix. The second dive is always along the "Scorched Earth" Long Reef on their way back to Christiansted. While you'll have the opportunity to see some nice size critters (Manta Ray included) you'll be diving in the sewage run-off of the populated side of the island. Not only do I not prefer that area as a dive site, I HATE it. The most often closed beach on St. Croix is Princess Beach area due to Fecal Bacteria... not the stuff I want to dive in!

Cane bay dive shop uses the inflatables, you dive in the center bow of the boat, and return through that same hole. That is the sole reason I never dove with them. Just not my preferred dive boat!

We are both Divemasters and have between 400 and 500 dives apiece on St. Croix.

We dove with SCUBA in St Croix many years ago. St Croix island and diving was ok, don't regret going but didn't impress us enough to want to go back.

We dove with SCUBA in St Croix many years ago. St Croix island and diving was ok, don't regret going but didn't impress us enough to want to go back.

Second that opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom