Anyone ever tried Spinal Decompression Therapy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too have had cervical traction, and while a great short term relief, it really didn't do much long term for me. After much pain and being shuffled around (Hoo-Yah military medicine) I eventually had a radio-frequency ablation done on the right side of C5, C6, C7. Been mostly pain free once I healed from that. My original issue was a bulging C5-C6 disc and related nerve pain.

Hope you're feeling better!

Michael

I've been dealing with L4-L5 disc herniation for several months now. My regimen now includes physical therapy (both the McKensie Method, and core strengthening exercises) and 2 to 3 sessions on my inexpensive inversion table each day. My pain management doc recommended the inversion table, and by itself, provided a little relief. The combination of the three has brought me from being unable to stand up to functioning relatively normally in about 6 months.

That's true, spinal decompression is not for everyone. I had ten sessions of it and it made the pain worse.

I am considering trying spinal decompression. I will probably try it for a while - I'm anxious to avoid an unnecessary surgery. Did you have any luck with it, OceanObsessed?

Back
Top Bottom