Anyone had experiences and symptoms if nitro/narcosis at 90 feet.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you experience something you believe is detrimental, and you find it subsides when you ascend, then who cares exactly what label to give it or exactly what causes it? Ascend.

Sometimes the discussions here get all pedantic about gas narcosis, the difference between the effects of gas narcosis and CO2 retention, etc. What I've come to understand from these discussions and other sources is that gas narcosis, CO2 buildup, anxiety, sensory deprivation, and maybe still more things that, at least for some people on some dives, seem to increase with depth can act together in unpredictable ways make someone feel weird or slow their reaction times or cause other effects that the diver wishes to avoid. Label it whatever you like, but if you as an individual find that ascending alleviates it, then just ascend. You may never know what the exact cause was. Too many variables.

when I did the 130ft dive, the instructor had make a math test adding and then dividing, and I did good, becuase I ask the instructor at the surface, in another class were I did search and recovery with another instructor we spend a good 5 to 10min at 37.4m taking pictures of a sting ray of good size and then loosing the knots of the lifting bag,

May I ask what courses you where doing???? NO instructor should have taking you to those depths with your experience........

37.4m for search and recovery?!?!?!? WHY??????

and most of my dives I had spend between 25 and 35m
Most of your 24 dives?????

If you experience something you believe is detrimental, and you find it subsides when you ascend, then who cares exactly what label to give it or exactly what causes it? Ascend.

Sometimes the discussions here get all pedantic about gas narcosis, the difference between the effects of gas narcosis and CO2 retention, etc. What I've come to understand from these discussions and other sources is that gas narcosis, CO2 buildup, anxiety, sensory deprivation, and maybe still more things that, at least for some people on some dives, seem to increase with depth can act together in unpredictable ways make someone feel weird or slow their reaction times or cause other effects that the diver wishes to avoid. Label it whatever you like, but if you as an individual find that ascending alleviates it, then just ascend. You may never know what the exact cause was. Too many variables.

Well I gather from most on this thread that the issue of narcosis and c02 build up is very common occurrence. Most have learned to cope when feeling the onset of this condition. They have shared similar ways to react to both and I feel better knowing what to do and that I am just another diver feeling narced. In short , no big deal( it happens to alot of us) , don't freak out( don't panic - your breathing should calm and relaxed) and just be smart about it (remember what actions to take when you feel the on set of narcosis or c02).

I just got back from diving this morning at the canyon I actually went from 60 to 90 feet. I was trying to make sure as I was descendng to 90 to just take real slow. As I was getting my camera turned on I noticed that feeling again and I decided to see if it would go away if I just stayed where I was and just relaxed and focused on getting my camera ready. Well after a minute or two the feeling subsided and I felt fine. I did not to have ascend back up a few feet to get rid of this dizzy feeling. Its like the feeling was a lot less intense on this dive. Well at least its getting better, and after reading everyone's advise, I am bit more confident on what to do when I do get these narc or c02 symptoms again.

Back
Top Bottom