Anyone have experience with this resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This might help a bit... found the map I picked up when I was in Alona. Might help in terms of getting an idea of where everything is. Although it might be old as I see that scubaworld is on the far right of the map, but the actual shop is now near Alona Kew resort.

AlonaBig.jpg

Alonasmall.jpg

Waow.. Pakman, thanks for the map... will be knocking on every door in Alona this Xmas asking for room/shelter.. :(

Traminer:
Waow.. Pakman, thanks for the map... will be knocking on every door in Alona this Xmas asking for room/shelter.. :(
well as long as you're not claiming to be a pregnant virgin you should be able to find something!

good luck!

Jag

Wow! Nice map. Thanks. I did check Isis. They're all full up too. I think I might have to go door to door myself!

RikRaeder:
Thanks for the info. I checked Alona Beach first. They say they're all booked for the dates I want. Pretty much all the hotels I've checked with are all booked. I like Pangalo Resort, even if I have to take a cab for 10 minutes to get to Alona Beach but they've been slow in answering. I just mailed Alona Kew, so we'll see what they say. I'll check with the operators you mentioned next. Thanks for the advice. PDP is always so helpful!

i dont think bohol has cabs. more like rent a van for the day or hope for a tricycle to come your way. which is not very likely if you're in Panglao island resort

Jigo is right... I was stuck up in Bohol Beach Club. Worst off, BBC resort is gated and far off from the main road and they don't allow tricycles or any other public transportation in. And to make things worse, they offered their resort van for a ridiculous amount. So much I balked and decided to walk up to main street where I was able to find a local guy with a car who was willing to take me into Alona Beach.

I once asked a taxi driver over at Panglao Island Nature resort how much he would charge me to get to Alona Beach, he said P600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F/U, I said.

exactly, all the rented cars and vans there charge so much. . . coming from tagbilaran port to panglao island cost us 400 pesos. Actually he offered 600. . . but with 2 girls giving him all that begging look and flashing winning smiles, we got to haggle down to 400 hehe.

Now. . if you are looking for somebody to tour you around Panglao and Bohol, like the tarsiers, loboc river cruise and the Chocolate hills, and a bunch of other places you can contact this number: 09176905627 his name is Jun. He only charged me 1,800 for the whole day tour. If he gives a rate of 2,000 or more, tell him the gas prices have lowered down and should give you a lower rate than that. :D He can also pick you up at Tagbilaran port and back from your resort for 400 pesos one way.

Back
Top Bottom