Anyone have this problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdmbike to scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I shots some topside footage and when I got home I rewind the tape to watch it in the view finder but all I saw was blue. Now If I play rewind or play it in slow motion I can see my film. I have a Sony A1u and shot in HD. Any thoughts? Or am in deep trouble. I really need the tape for a video Im make for people. Thanks Mark

I shots some topside footage and when I got home I rewind the tape to watch it in the view finder but all I saw was blue. Now If I play rewind or play it in slow motion I can see my film. I have a Sony A1u and shot in HD. Any thoughts? Or am in deep trouble. I really need the tape for a video Im make for people. Thanks Mark

Sounds like the image is on the tape. Did you try capturing yet?

Take the tape and put in another machine or camera. Sounds like a camera (playback) issue.

I agree, try capturing and see what you get. You know that it is there.

I try to capture and the computer sat there didnt capture and thing. I have two sony a1u and put the tape in the other got the same issue. Mark

Was the record speed set other than normal? (If it can be set.)

All setting are the same on both cams. Now my other cam I use for underwater and it worked just fine capture and great. But this one I cant get any video to show up. Only time I get anything is when I put the play back in slow motion or hold down the rewind button. Thanks guys for any help you can throw at me...... Mark....

Up date!!! Called a sony repair shop and they said that its not the cam but the tape. Because when I put a fresh tape in the cam works just fine. They told me to try a data recovery shop to see it the tape could be saved. Well called a few and after getting quotes of $300-600 for the maybe fact that they could save anything. So lesson always review your shots on the cam after you shoot them. U/W I do, but I didnt in this case my bad. If you have any ideas Im up for anything. Thanks Mark

Brian at the DV Show once had a feature on fixing timecode problems. Not sure if that is what is going on here, but you can check around his site at thedvshow.com.

Also, you could email your problem to Brian, brian@thedvshow.com. In my opinion, he knows everything about everything when it comes to digital video. Hope this helps.

Here is the link to the FAQ. You could run some searches and see if your problem was ever discussed:

http://thedvshow.com/faq-pro/

Thanks Marshallarp Will try anything. Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom