Anyone interested in diving at Dutch Springs Labor Day weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbtag

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking for one or more people to buddy up with at Dutch Springs over the Labor Day weekend, Saturday or Sunday. I have roughly 70 dives and my highest certification is PADI Rescue Diver.

I dove there for the first time over the Memorial Day weekend earlier this year with a couple of scuba board members and enjoyed it, though it was VERY COLD (hopefully this late in the summer it's a tad warmer).

I am somewhat flexible but on Saturday I would be arriving probably around noon. Sunday I could be there any time. The last time I was there (which was also my only time there) I arrived before they opened to avoid what I was told would be a long line, but in fact the only real wait was waiting for them to open the place, and I noticed that later in the day, after the early birds were in, there were no lines, so I don't really think it's necessary to arrive super early. I'm willing to meet up with someone for their latter day dive(s).

Anyway, if anyone is interested or is planning to be there and can hook me up with a buddy (or buddies) to tag along with let me know. Any info about the temperature and thermocline this time of year would be great also.

Thanks,

Bill

The wife and I were thinking of diving there on Saturday. It would be our first time there. I'll send you a PM.

The reason some arrive early at Dutch is to get a table or a space because as the summer progresses more people are there. If you arrive there early at this time of year there can be a long line waiting to get in for those buying day passes. Season pass holders are able to get in as soon as they open the gates. I don't think that would have been an issue on Memorial Day because of the water temps then. Most people don't like diving cold water.

I am showing at 33 feet it being 70 degrees and 58 feet it being 55 degrees last Saturday. That was diving around the Penninsula. The water is a bit murky - not as clear as earlier in the year.

I will be there for sure on Saturday but arrive early and am usually done by around noon or one unless I do a third dive. I usually am over with the Indian Valley Scuba folks on the student (left) side when you go in. Send me a PM if you want to meet up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom