Anyone know why DGX has dropped the HOG line?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad I bought HOG reg sets from DGX for me and my wife while they were on sale. It was clear something was afoot. I figured they were just clearing stock for newer models or something, but it appears it was more than that.

Glad I bought HOG reg sets from DGX for me and my wife while they were on sale. It was clear something was afoot. I figured they were just clearing stock for newer models or something, but it appears it was more than that.

That was certainly what DGX implied at the time of the price reductions. Kinda wish I'd jumped on it $69 for a second stage ain't half bad.

That was certainly what DGX implied at the time of the price reductions. Kinda wish I'd jumped on it $69 for a second stage ain't half bad.
They are still showing stock on the website.

I did my initial Prism 2 class with Mark this summer at DGE. The fill system is truly impressive, as is the rest of the operation.

HOG (me) made the choice to no longer sell to Dive Gear Express.

Dive Gear Express is a good company that gives great customer service, however I found that our path was diverging.

I called DGX to ask why they stopped carrying HOG. They explained it was solely a business decision to go with the RG3. They were adamant that it had nothing to do with the quality and performance of HOG equipment and they still fully stand behind all of the HOG equipment they have sold.

As always DGX was extremely friendly, helpful, and a pleasure to speak with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The business was started by Mark Derrick in maybe 2000 or so as Fill Express in Pompano Beach, FL. As time went on, Mark found that he could sell more than just gas, so he made a deal with Dive Rite (Lamar Hires) to sell overstock, closeout, and other Dive-Rite gear, giving Lamar a place to get rid of stock. Mark named this new business Dive Rite express. That's when I came in contact in 2005 to do my AN/DP, tech DM, and normoxic trimix course, in his classroom at the shop, but not with him as an instructor. When I saw his fill system, I drooled a little bit, adn decided that I would have a boat mounted trimix system as nice as Mark's system is. I have suceeded, although I make nitroc by membrane instead of CBing it. Anyway, some time later, Mark wanted to go online, and sell other brands. He renamed his dive shop Dive Gear Express, although he still carries the closeout and overstock Dive Rite line.

Sometime around 2010, Mark Derrick found Mark McAlprin and Didier Follian-Grisell to buy out Fill Express, which is a full service dive shop with awesome gas blending capability. They are friends of mine, Mark Derrick (who I know well enough to say 'Hey Mark' if we pass in the street) still owns and runs DGX on a day to day basis.

Chris Richardson (cerich on this board) was a honcho at one of the big California manufacturers before he decided he could build a better mousetrap. He is the owner and janitor at HOG/EDGE.

Wookie wins AGAIN!
GDit Frank......
How much victory do you need?

Chug
Also calls him Mark.
And calls Joyce, Joyce.
And Charles, Chaz.
And Mike.....
OK....
Nevermind.
I am now just showing off now.
(sorry)