Anyone out there dive in Chile????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No bill, you're not wrong. Macrocystis is more abundant in the south. You'd have to go down to Puerto Montt (1000 km from Santiago) or further south for it to really become relevant. You're probably familiar with the work Carlos Moreno or Bernarbe Santelices which were around cape horn.

Here in central Chile it is present, but usually less than 5m depth in wave protected areas.

Thanks for the clarification.

WOW that was a ton of information and very much appreciated. We are now looking into flights to Punta Arenas and just renting a car there and driving back up to Santiago - which is more expensive but it allows us to see southern patagonia and gives us more time all around. So that means more time to fit in dives when we get back to Santiago area. I will look into these places for sure. I do know if there was diving that would allow us to see Penguins and sea lions we would be extremely interested since none of us despite having dove in many countries have seen either of those marine animals under water. So we will try and figure out which of those sights is the best opportunity for that type of underwater life.
Randini thanks again for all the help and Im sure being a giant in a land of midgets doesnt hurt so bad when it comes to the ladies. Good luck in what ever you do and safe diving.

Jake

Hi Jake,
I'm not sure if you already done your trip, but if you don't here there are some other good places to find some of this life:

www.lastacasdiveresort.com - This place is 5hr at North of Stgo but is very usual to dive with some sea lions and they speak english.
Buceo Pichidangui - Sun fish are usual in this pleace. Also english speakers.
BuceaMar
Austral Divers
Tienda y Centro de Buceo ::VECEKA:: Aqualung Chile | Tienda y Centro de Buceo | Tienda y Centro de Buceo ::VECEKA:: Aqualung Chile

In Quintay and Pichidangui you can arrange a trip to "La Lobera" that is a sea lions nest. La Lobera is a splecial trip because is almost 1 hr away from the bay in boat in both places.

However, as long as I know, there is no english speakers in Quintay

Regards

Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom