Anyone recommend online sites for BP/W purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Hammer Head BP I got is of excellent quality and very cost effective. Since I dive mostly warm water I chose the aluminum plate. I have been very pleased with it and the little touches like the bent bottom edges etc. They were also very responsive to my questions and very friendly and prompt. N

I second North East Scuba Supply (.com) as they have the best price on a BP/W package mentioned. I would also look at DSS.

kidspot:
http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba/bpwing.html

here's a list of manufacturers that may be of help - lots of the links have purchase options too.

Gotta hand it to Tim. I've referred to his pages several times myself (and sent links to many people) for an organized table of characteristics for boots, fins, and now backplates.

Thanks Tim, your tables are a great resource!

Ed is the epitome of what a great dealer should be.Answer all your questions and sells great product at a great price..Check out his website.I use his aluminium plate both for warm and cold water by trimming the weight either using the heavy STA for cold water, or the lighter one for warm water.Combine with two XS Scuba weight pouches on the harness,and an Oxycheq Sig 45# wings,this set up is highly versatile for warm or cold water single tank diving.I've research quite abit and gave my business to Hammerhead.No regrets!

I can give a thumbs up to John at North East Scuba Supply. He carries most of the "big names," has some great prices, and ships very quickly. I just got 2 sets of Faber doubles from him and am very pleased with the transaction. In case you didn't see the URL in the earlier post it is: www.northeastscubasupply.com

I can also recommend Bill Rennacker at Cave Excursions. My dive buddy and I both bought BP/W and regs from him and couldn't be more pleased. (His deal was better than both of our LDS, although not as good as Crazy John's at NESS. We went with Bill because we wanted to support good gas fills and internet access while you wait while in "Cave Country.") His URL is: www.sidemount.com

Although I have not dealt with him personally, I have heard alot of good things about Tobin at Deep Sea Supply.

Hope this helps

Dave

Thanks Hoosier and Radinator for the kind words - much of the credit for the info is thanks to members here on Scubaboard who have helped by sending in the results of their trial and error in things... often expensive trial and error :wink:

Aloha, Tim

radinator:
Gotta hand it to Tim. I've referred to his pages several times myself (and sent links to many people) for an organized table of characteristics for boots, fins, and now backplates.

Thanks Tim, your tables are a great resource!

I agree. I have linked to you many times! Nice work! :D

Back
Top Bottom