Anyone stay at these resorts???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aardal

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking to go to Cozumel this summer and was looking at the following two resorts:

1: Allegro Diamond Cozumel http://www.allegroresorts.com
2: Reef Club Cozumel

Please let me know before I commit to something that isn't gonna be worth paying for. Thanks...Oh yea, if you have a suggestion for anyother all inclusive resorts please let me know.

Aaron

Hi Aardal,

I regularly visit Coz & tour the resorts, as well as getting pretty much daily feedback on them from other sources.

I would recommend the Allegro http://www.hotels-cozumel.com/allegro/ over the Reef Club http://www.reefclubcozumel.com/ both as regards accommodations & on-site dive ops. I'd recommend the new Inberostar http://www.cozguide.net/resorts/iberocoz.html over both of these for accomodations/facilities, although I'd strongly suggest you make arrangements to dive with one the elite dive ops on the island rather than with the on-site, Dressel Divers.

Hope this gets you started.

DocVikingo

I know this is a late post on this subject, but was just ruinning through the boards for info and wanted to add my 2 cents to this post.

I stayed at the Reef Club in 2001 and was not in the least bit disappointed. THe accomodations were very clean, neat and very charming. The floors are tiled, kept clean and made bringing dive gear back to the room easy. The room had a nice balcony for sitting (faced the ocean) and we could leave gear out there on the 2nd floor and not worry about it.

The food was average in the buffet places, exceptional in the restaurants (which was limited to a couple of nights). Drinks were FREE in the AI package, not great due to that, but I am not a big drinker. If you like beer, they had it and it was cold. Mized drinks were with local or cheap brand liquor, but again, I am not a big drinker. The food was about what I would expect for the price we paid.

The entertainment was ok and ammenities simple, but I was there to dive, not jet ski (which was extra). The beach is a bit "harsh", not the soft sand of other tropical locals and shore diving from there would not yield great views, but the snorkeling on the beach was fine - go toward the pier.

We did not use the local dive op, as we booked with Emerald Dolphin Dive Service, and they were fantastic! Tony and his crew were excellent. When we checked out the on site dive op one day (walked into the shop) they did not give us the time of day. We were picked up at our dock every day and dropped back off without trouble.

So, my 2 cents from my stay is perhaps the Reef Club is not the nicest AI on the island, but it was well worth the money spent (nearly half as opposed to Iberostar). I would go back again.

It all depends on what you are "looking for" if you want alot to do "top side", if you have kids, if you want to go to town alot...etc.

Aardal:
Oh yea, if you have a suggestion for anyother all inclusive resorts please let me know.

Aaron

We just returned from staying at the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is next to the Allegro and owned by the same company. We loved it! The grounds were beautuiful, very nice rooms, huge bathrooms, nice beach and we thought the food was good. I've heard complaints about the food from others, but I thought they had a lot to choose from, so I could always find something good. The drinks were good. It was a great AI and I would highly recommend it.

I have stayed at both and prefer the Allegro. However, I liked Iberostar as much as Allegro. I did not like the Reef Club. It has been over a year ago, but the food and room were not as good as the others.

dnhill

Back
Top Bottom