Anyone switched from sms100 to sms75? How is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No more BM for me unless I'm in the Keys diving.

I'm taking my SMS75 to Key Largo next month. It'll be my first OW trip sidemount. I'm looking forward to it.

What specifically do you not like about SM for boat/OW diving?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm taking my SMS75 to Key Largo next month. It'll be my first OW trip sidemount. I'm looking forward to it.

What specifically do you not like about SM for boat/OW diving?

When I am Keys diving I go for shallow reef dives. I love all the fish and colors. I could care less about going deep and staying down, I cave dive for that. With that the 2 single BM AL80s are more then enough for the 45min-1hr dives they allow you. Its just a whole lot easier IMO for the diving I will be doing.

With Edd's help I have the 75 dialed in with HP100s. I plan to dive both reefs and some of the deep-ish sites. It's hard for me to pass up trips to the Spiegel Grove. Imagine I'll get considerably more bottom time SM with HP100s over BM with double Al80s. If nothing else I'll have plenty of reserve gas.

While I've been warned against diving my cave equipment in the ocean I'm looking forward to it. I'll be extra diligent with rising gear. Looking forward to at least one night dive on the Spiegel with my LD35 - let there be light!

I'm planning on at least a couple dives in cave country on the trip back north.

While I'm not ready to sell off my BM kit yet, I'm all in with sidemount.

Ive dove my regs in the ocean that I cave dive with... salt is what it is. Rinse it, take care of it, let openly air dry, and service it you will be fine. Thats for all gear not just regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom