anyone used save-money-diving.com?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only one hitch - they do not arrange flights, and the best flight deals are with consolidators. The price difference for our flights ranged from $1650 (quoted from US travel agent) to over $2200 not including taxes (ROC to ROR) on the Continental website and other similar engines. The few travel agents I spoke to wouldn't sell me airfare without a trip package including the liveaboard since they didn't make a decent commission from the airfare alone.

Ringo:
Actually I do know of 1 boat owner (not sure about the others) who has insisted that the selling price be corrected to the same as advertised by the owner and all of his agents and has also asked for proof of Tourist Authority of Thailand registration (for customer insurance) and Vat registration. Until this be done he will not take any bookings.

i do known about that also and its true honestly.
sounds they offer a good deal but i wont try this company :no
weird really. The consumer should get something clean, no hiding for example
if i found parated cds though how much they are cheaper i never ever support. :eyebrow:

FWIW,

I have added both Batfish and save-money-diving to our Business Group. Great to have you aboard!

jpsexton:
Has anyone ever used http://www.save-money-diving.com?
I just stumbled on it and they have some great packages.
Any feedback?

John

My wife and I used SMD to book a Sea of Cortez LOB this past OCT and was very pleased with them and was able to get a better price than going directly to the LOB operator. Did everything by email and replies were always prompt. They are definitely on my list to use again.

Rickg

save-money-diving:
Dear Chip104 & all

We are not trying to spam, but just wanna help people to figure out their diving trip. yes we base in thailand, looks a newbie but no nonsense operator. The compay is managed by a group of professionals who have been in the diving and tourism industry for over 15 years. We do never run any illegal bussiness and of course take honest to heart for all our value customers. If you need further explantion or information, please contact us by email at info@save-money-diving.com

Dive The World comes to visit us ! ( you are located Patong Beach )
we are on Wiset Road, only 5 minutes ride from chalong pier.
Nice to meet you on this forum :)

Ben

hey dude thanks a heap. You did really good job, PADI looking for you!
I go straight to local dive operator, get a real professional advice.
Online shopping i do but they must be a local PADI 5 star dive centers, i dont mind to pay more but feel secure and i m also a fan of consumer right. I dont like to perchase whatever just to hear from advertisement or commercial. Generally these helps and makes business runs well but not last long. I have known dive the world, phuket scuba club, diveasia, calypso divers, scandinavian divers, southsiam in thailand etc. They do exist. If any problem for your dive trip you can go directly to dive operators, waste of time to contact to a third merchant.

** i m not an affliate or partner of above said dive shops.**
Try to shut me up tour

nondive:
hey dude thanks a heap. You did really good job, PADI looking for you!
I go straight to local dive operator, get a real professional advice.
Online shopping i do but they must be a local PADI 5 star dive centers, i dont mind to pay more but feel secure and i m also a fan of consumer right. I dont like to perchase whatever just to hear from advertisement or commercial. Generally these helps and makes business runs well but not last long. I have known dive the world, phuket scuba club, diveasia, calypso divers, scandinavian divers, southsiam in thailand etc. They do exist. If any problem for your dive trip you can go directly to dive operators, waste of time to contact to a third merchant.

** i m not an affliate or partner of above said dive shops.**
Try to shut me up tour

Hi Nondive

I am not quite sure what point you are trying to make with your vague ramblings. You seem to be saying that a trip sold by Save Money Diving will be different than a trip sold direct by the dive shop?

Well guess what, you are RIGHT!! It will be different, it will be cheaper! Its the same trip, on the same boat, going to the same dive sites. You will simply have paid less for it, just as you do shopping for hotel accommodation or airline tickets online.

You say that you know the dive operators in Phuket, thats great for booking locally but how are you goig to organise a trip to Darwin and Wolf in the Galapagos? If you want to go there Save Money Diving have both Peter Hughes and Aggressor boats there.

Or how about when you want to go to the Red Sea, or cage diving with Great Whites in Australia or maybe you fianllt have time to go and dive truk lagoon onboard the SS Thorfinn ?

The point I am trying to make is that there is no point at all in trying to compare Save Money Diving to a local dive centre. Thats not what Save Money Diving is. Its an online discount dive package provider that has

3000 plus dive packages
700 plus liveaboards
all in over 45 countries worldwide.

Save Money Diving has packages available World Wide, all at prices that are lower than the actual suppliers. In fact some of the packages are hundreds of US dollars cheaper. Our "best save" at the moment is over US$1000 less than the published price!

It is true that in Thailand some boats will no longer deal with Save Money Diving. This is because we refused to agree with their price fixing policies and discounted the packages, after all thats the name of the company, Save Money Diving. Unfortunately Thailand is the only one out of the 45 countries that we have packages in that we have this problem. In places such as the US price fixing is illegal! In Thailand it is common place unfortunately with most of the "local" dive centres making full use of this to ensure that they get the full 20 or 30 percent commission from the liveaboards and resorts.

Save Money Diving refused to play by their unethical rules and continued to offer the discounts to our customers the same as we do for the rest of the world, normally 10 to 15% off the published price. In the end as we refused to agree to the "price fixing" two boats cancelled the contracts that we had with them.

This makes no difference to us as 2 boats out of over 700 in one country out of over 45 makes very little difference to the number of packages that we can offer customers and the quality of service that we offer.

Save Money Diving is growing every month. More and more people realise that they no longer need to pay full price for dive packages. Just like the airline tickets and hotel accommodation, good savings are now available online for dive packages, from save Money Diving.

As with any successful business there are those that try and detract from it as the more successfull Save Money Diving is with discounted dive packages the less they will sell of their FULL PRICE (price fixed) packages. However, I would like to point out that Thailand is the only place that Save Money Diving have encountered this price fixing problem.

For those of our customers that have contributed to this thread, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to saving you more money in the future. To those such as "nondiver", as you have never used our services and seem ignornat of how online booking works how are you in the position to comment on the services that Save Money Diving offers?

3000 plus dive packages
700 plus liveaboards
all in over 45 countries worldwide.

Unfortunately Thailand is the only one out of the 45 countries that we have packages in that we have this problem. In places such as the US price fixing is illegal! In Thailand it is common place unfortunately with most of the "local" dive centres making full use of this to ensure that they get the full 20 or 30 percent commission from the liveaboards and resorts.

As with any successful business there are those that try and detract from it as the more successfull Save Money Diving is with discounted dive packages the less they will sell of their FULL PRICE (price fixed) packages. However, I would like to point out that Thailand is the only place that Save Money Diving have encountered this price fixing problem.

------------------------------

Dear

No one gonna try to distract, save-money-diving is save-money-diving. Dont you think comment makes improved ?? That's much better you are in thailand so you invest less than in US or other countries. You must say thank you to them and non repeat it is a problem otherwise how you can be an online leading discounted dive business.

Good to speak out so your worldwide customers and all friends on this board will understand about this.

Hey Al Mialkovsky look this
Million offers i can search online. What about this reputation liveaboard with mikeball, Mushroom Forest, Klein Curacao, Superior Producer and Tugboat withOcean Encounters Diving etc.

I gain no profit with any dive operators but i love to see such kinda business on this globe upgrade both of mental and material.

I've been making inquiries and checking on packages at Cozumel locations and I don't see that much difference in what SMDiving charges and what you can get by dealing the local dive operators.

Garrobo:
I've been making inquiries and checking on packages at Cozumel locations and I don't see that much difference in what SMDiving charges and what you can get by dealing the local dive operators.

This is often the case. If the discounts offered to the travel agent are small then their margin for (profit + discount) is also small.

Sometime you find that the big tour operators can negotiate extra discount as they are filling a number of slots at one time.

It is interesting to see the discounts you can get if you can put together a group of say 10 people. Airline suddenly offer group discounts, hotels, dive operators etc.
I would say on average you can save between 10 and 20%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom