Anyone want to dive Ft. Pickens on the 10th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The weather for Friday looks good :D. Our only real unknown is what kind of viz we will get at low tide. Like I have said before, I have had great dives at low tide at Picken's it just depends on a couple of factors working for us. At low tide the water is brown and sometimes down right nasty looking at the shore, but once you get between 10' and 18' there is "usually" a thermocline/halocline and you can get into some fairly clear water. Last summer MrXray and I dove at pickens and the water was super brown and nasty, but when we got to 15' the water was clear and nice and ended up having a really good dive. Hopefully we will catch a good break on Friday. :blessing:

You should have a pretty good chance at that, as there has not been a lot of rain, and the bottom water is still cool (and heavy).

Happy Early Birthday! Puffer Fish. Mine was on Sunday.
I'm trying to talk her into it. The only drawback is. She will have to get up at 0530 for us to make it before 0800.

Same to you...as you have had yours, you are clearly older than I am...

Ahhh..You shouldn't have to work on your Birthday! :depressed:

Clearly... I happen to have the same view.. but the company does not...but I will be thinking about all the fun you will be having and hating you for it....will start making my Denise doll to stick pins in tonight.

I hope so!! The meeting time is 8am correct? What time does the park open?

Park officially opens at 07:00, but if they aren't there I just keep on driving. I have had the ranger tell me on several occations that they weren't going to open up for another ten or fifteen minutes and have always told me to just go ahead and drive on through. I used to worry about but I now have a season pass, so I really don't worry about it anymore. Meet time is at 08:00.

My tanks are all filled and my gear is ready to go, see everyone tommorow!

I am packed also!! I tested my pod this afternoon with my 02 deco bottle and it worked great! It is packed and ready to go!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom