Anything similar to the Knighthawk but cheaper?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I currently dive a SP Knighthawk. For those who talk bad about it, have you tried one? Not everyone thinks that a BP/W is the end all to diving...

I for one like mine, the weight-integrated feature is nice, and SP has a positive lock system to minimize the risk of "accidental loss" of weights. I have seen far more weight belt issues, than I have seen W/I issues. Dependent of the system of course.

All that being said, I have been a recent convert to the BP/W way of living... Nothing against the Knighthawk, it just no longer fulfills the demands that I am finding for my way of diving.. I would be more than happy to make you a great deal on a very good condition Knighthawk. I have all of the papers on it, and its serviced yearly through my local diveshop/Scubapro dealer. Its an XL, with an AIR2 attached that is serviced yearly as well(papers with it as well).

I have dove a Knighthawk and enjoyed it better than the BC I took OW in.

If you want a BC that is similar and built better, and can be got for cheaper in the long run, I do recommend the BP/W kit. I have built one for ~$300 with a SS plate, though the one I most commonly use for diving was ~$450 in all (sturdier wing (very resistant to cuts)).

If you are die heard for the SP style, the Litehawk is a nice option and cheaper. I like the simplicity of it too.

I just bought a litehawk by scubapro. I'm a new open water diver living in the philippines. I have no problems with it and it fits me well and it's very user friendly. It doesn't have pockets though (it does have two small weight pockets up front).

The Litehawk has a standard 2" waist strap - so you can add any of the readily available pockets and accessories available that slide right onto the webbing and can be secured via triglides. Customize it to your needs!

I just bought a litehawk by scubapro. I'm a new open water diver living in the philippines. I have no problems with it and it fits me well and it's very user friendly. It doesn't have pockets though (it does have two small weight pockets up front).

Back
Top Bottom