ScubaPro Accent Integral Weight Pouches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green Frog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have recently acquired a SP Accent in very nice condition. It came to me without the integral weight carriers that I assume were originally used in the slots at the base of the front panels. These slots have panels of Velcro which I believe were designed to secure some sort of weight pouches, but since ScubaPro no longer sells this BCD, I can't find any information about them.
I would appreciate any information about sourcing OEM or generic pouches that can be used for this application. Any and all information appreciated.
Froggie 🐸

I don't know anything about that particular BC, but... if the weight pockets are held exclusively by velcro, that is a bad design that I don't think has been used by anybody for a while. The velcro wears out and it can get clogged with sand and sediment and very seriously compromises the security of the lead pockets. Perhaps that is not relevant to your situation?

Thing is if you buy another accent WITH pouches you can have a spare bc for each

But if I am wearing some neoprene with a jacket bc, a weight belt is my first choice

To further explain, my ”weight pockets“ are actually slots that goe all the way through (behind the regular pockets). It would appear that they held some sort of integral weight carrier pouches that were at least partially secured inside by a fairly large patch of Velcro in each. The design of the vest is such that I can easily use my weight belt with standard hard weights, but I was wondering about the option of using integrated weight pouches.

Does anybody out there remember/have experience with this “system”?
🐸

Back
Top Bottom