AOI ports and + macro lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I routinely use the CMC-2 (about 8) and the CMC-1 (about 12) with the 60 to get to 2:1. Personally I think the Nauticam lenses are "better" but the Dyron will work. I have the Kraken +6 and will test it and let you know what you should be able to see.
BVA

Thanks a lot Bill, I really only want to enhance the 60mm and not go much beyond 1.5x 1:1 as I find some of the super macro images only have the rhinophores in focus on a head-on shot and I'd like a bit more depth if possible.

Then I would go with the CMC-2, excellent quality and really nice Bokeh
BVA

Then I would go with the CMC-2, excellent quality and really nice Bokeh
BVA
Just ran the tests. Oly 60 with the OM-1 taking pictures of a ruler. The closest I could get to the ruler and still get autofocus. With the 60 port and no diopter I can get 18 mm full frame (that is pretty close to 1:1, the sensor is 17.4 mm across). With the Nauticam flip adapter and the CMC-1 I get 8 mm full frame (about 2:1 as expected). With the CMC-2, I get 12 mm full frame or about 1.5 to 1. Using a cheapo swing adapter

()

I get substantially the same results (maybe 5% less magnification). The issue with the swing adapter is to make sure the lens is a close to the port as possible.

I can send you pics of the ruler if that helps.
Bill

Thanks very much Bill and will be handy for others interested in diopters,

Back
Top Bottom