AOW complete...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nosnhoj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I completed my AOW this weekend! And it was great. The dives on the first day (Buoyancy, Navigation, and Search and recovery) were fine, but it was the 2nd day (Deep and Wreck) where I truly enjoyed the course.

We did 3 deep/wreck dives in 50ish degree water. Being down close to 100 feet made me realize that a good buddy is pretty important - since a CESA is out of the question. It also made me realize how important the buddy checks (that only the new divers seem to do...) are probably the second most important thing after 'always breathe'.

Anyhow, I was able to shed 4 pounds after the buoyancy class, and the safety aspect of diving really hits home waaaaay more at 100 feet than at my previous 25ft - 30ft dives.

(plus i can sign up for all the good charters now!!!)
G

Congratulations!! Now go dive and be safe!

Good job! Do you have a pool available to continue dialing in the bouyancy? It's really hard in the pool, especially with heavy exposure suits.

That's great! Yes, you definitely become more aware of all those safety checks when your sitting at 100 feet. It is pretty cool though when your sitting there surrounded by all that water and the life that comes out at those depths. I really enjoyed my navigation class because it gave me more confidence in the water.

I started to get a bit 'chilled' on the 3rd dive of the day... I thought a 7mm was perfect - but maybe i'll consider going 'dry'. Anything that can extend my dive season is a good thing.

We did 3 deep/wreck dives in 50ish degree water. Being down close to 100 feet made me realize that a good buddy is pretty important - since a
CESA
is out of the question. It also made me realize how important the buddy checks (that only the new divers seem to do...) are probably the second most important thing after 'always breathe'.

GREAT insights!

Well done, nosnhoj ! I really love your enthusiasm and your insights. You clearly "get it." Have a great time as you continue to be an active diver, and keep learning from every dive. Did I mention that at 50 dives you reach scuba snob qualification? google it.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom