AOW in Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rogerSC

New
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the board and this if my first info seeking post. My wife and I are heading to Curacao in two weeks and was wondering if anyone has done their AOW at Habitat? We are going to be there for five days and thought it might be a good idea to advance our certification while there. Also, what is the "best" dive in Curacao?

Thanks for you help!

Happy and Safe Diving to all!

Diving in Curacao doesn't require being an advanced diver. So I personally would not recomend using vacation time to gt more training. However if you do decide to get it, the staff at the Habitat dive shop are top notch. When you do the boat dives, there will be a divemaster in the water with you. You can choose to follow him/her, or strike out on your own. Which ever you are most comfortable with.

As far as the "best" dive in Curacao. Probably the mushroom forest. The beach dives from Habitat on their "house reef" can be incredible. Very relaxing and tons of small marine life. You will get a dive briefing as soon as you check in, they will show you where the line is off the dock. Just follow the line out to the reef and go against the current if there is one. Nice sized octopus (the one in my avitar) about half way between the dock and the reef.

What ever you decide, it will be a great diving experience.

RogerSC,

I agree with Desa. I was at HC last November and they are great. They will take very good care of you. I would suggest that you take the class courses at home and get a referral to HC. As far as diving is concerned, I could not find a bad dive site. Mushroom forest is something to be seen and the Superior Producer is fun if you like wrecks. If you feel confident enough, rent a jeep and drive to the various dive sites, you will not be dissapointed. Best of luck.

Dive Smart: Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:14:

don,t book the cottages on the hill unless you want a good walk. other than that you will love the resort. long way into town but a good place to tour when not diving
monte

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom