Apeks Black Ice for Twin Tank setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WinePlease

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

I’ve seen the twin tank conversion kit for the Apeks black Ice BCD. Doesn’t look terribly secure compared to other doubles set up. Has anyone here gone down this track? Would love to know any experience on this or if there is a way to hack this into a more comfortable harness and backplate suitable for twins.

Hi guys,

I’ve seen the twin tank conversion kit for the Apeks black Ice BCD. Doesn’t look terribly secure compared to other doubles set up. Has anyone here gone down this track? Would love to know any experience on this or if there is a way to hack this into a more comfortable harness and backplate suitable for twins.
You will not be happy with that set up, it doesn't have a crotch strap or it doesn't list the lift capacity of the "wing" Get a BP/W for doubles, you will be a lot happier. Look at the Sub Gravity system, they have an adjustable harness that is clean, simple and no plastic parts. You can also get shoulder pads for the harness and weight pockets if you like.

While I agree with post above, I would only change harness. There is no need for adjustable harness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom