apeks DS1 vs DS4 for stage regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi im very curious about this. I use Apeks regs. some would use a DST on their stages.

Some prefer the DS4... but why is it Nobody uses the DS1? shoudnt it be cheaper?

sorry if this has been discussed. I can't seem to find it.

DS1 is same as DS4, except it only has a single HP port and a single LP port. That "could be limiting if you want to run something like an SPG, regulator and a QC6 hose.

DS1 is same as DS4, except it only has a single HP port and a single LP port. That "could be limiting if you want to run something like an SPG, regulator and a QC6 hose.

how about just a stage? a single regulator and an spg?

also realized in websites. DS1 costs more than DS4 why??

how about just a stage? a single regulator and an spg?

also realized in websites. DS1 costs more than DS4 why??
I can't explain why it would cost more with fewer ports. I would not use a DS1 as I have an SPG, reg and QC6 on all my stage/deco bottles.

I can't explain why it would cost more with fewer ports.

Machine time costs money but not enough is saved to overcome the costs of making a niche product like the DS1.

Hi im very curious about this. I use Apeks regs. some would use a DST on their stages.

Some prefer the DS4... but why is it Nobody uses the DS1? shoudnt it be cheaper?

sorry if this has been discussed. I can't seem to find it.

Exactly what @Doby45 said. With only one LP port your pretty limited on use. On the other hand I like the US4 for small compact BO regs if that is what your looking for.

But generally of people use there regs for multiple purposes. For example some will use DST's as BO regs but then also as twinset regs and sidemount regs, single tank. This cuts down on cost and owning multiple specific use regs. Kind of a multipurpose swiss army knife of regs where as a DS1 is a very specific use reg.

Exactly what @Doby45 said. With only one LP port your pretty limited on use. On the other hand I like the US4 for small compact BO regs if that is what your looking for.

But generally of people use there regs for multiple purposes. For example some will use DST's as BO regs but then also as twinset regs and sidemount regs, single tank. This cuts down on cost and owning multiple specific use regs. Kind of a multipurpose swiss army knife of regs where as a DS1 is a very specific use reg.
yeah i was just looking for stage regs. US4 isn't very common in my area.. considering im a tropical country. A few DS4s

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom