Apeks DS4 with HOG 2nd Stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

macado

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I apologize if this has been discussed before but I have an extra Apeks DS4 First Stage and am looking to put together another regulator set. (Already have two full sets of Apeks ATX50 with DSTs).

How would the HOG 2nd Stages work with this first stage? I usually don;t like to mix and match different brands of first/second stages but the prices of the HOG 2nd stages are hard to beat.

Or would I be better off trying to find some used XTX50/ATX50s second stages?

Thanks

The HOG 2nd stage is almost identical to the Apeks ATX50.....so yes, they will work well with the DS4 (as would just about any other 2nd stage).

The HOG 2nd stage is almost identical to the Apeks ATX50.....so yes, they will work well with the DS4 (as would just about any other 2nd stage).

Thanks, I assumed this would be the case but I just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any performance issues or what not.

Anytime you swap seconds, you may want to fine tune it a bit for optimal performance. No biggy: unscrew the orifice a until it free flows, then back a bit, like 30°. This is because the second could be tuned to a different intermediate pressure initially.

Anytime you swap seconds, you may want to fine tune it a bit for optimal performance. No biggy: unscrew the orifice a until it free flows, then back a bit, like 30°. This is because the second could be tuned to a different intermediate pressure initially.

yes, this is true. this process should be done whenever you change or use a new 2nd stage or when buying 1st and 2nd separately.

Back
Top Bottom