Apeks front cover tool- where to find?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Before you run out and spend money, try for a while to do it by hand....I've got 6 TX50s, and I open all of them by hand. But then again I don't tighten them all the way down.

the "logo position" doesn't matter unless you are trying to look good...

LOL I look like a Salvation Army Special diving...but darned if it don't work!

I just use a pair of bent needle nose pliers when I can;t get it off by hand.

No worries, a special tool seems a little overkill to me

LG Diver:
Mine's pretty darn tight. I managed to muscle it off once using one of those rubber jar gripper things, but then couldn't get it rotated all the way back so the logo was positioned correctly. It's pretty new, so maybe it'll loosen up a bit as it get's older?

Did you try a soak in warm water? It its hard to remove it may just be gunked up with a soak will help disolve or at least loosen up.

I only tighten mine hand tight, as I want to be capable of removing the cover while underwater. I once needed to clean a second stage on a cave dive, and was thankful that I could easily remove the front cover. If you snug up the face plate, and then regularly check it prior to a dive you shouldn't have any problems. All of my second stage regs have the retaining pins removed, and are fitted with removable covers.

Greg Barlow

Greg Barlow:
I only tighten mine hand tight, as I want to be capable of removing the cover while underwater. I once needed to clean a second stage on a cave dive, and was thankful that I could easily remove the front cover. If you snug up the face plate, and then regularly check it prior to a dive you shouldn't have any problems. All of my second stage regs have the retaining pins removed, and are fitted with removable covers.

Greg Barlow

I don't think I trust myself enough to try to do this underwater yet. I'd probably scatter parts all over the place. For now, I think I'd rather have it snugged down all the way and know that it's not going to accidentally come loose during a dive. Perhaps down the road I'll get comfortable enough to do what you suggest.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

If you leave them good and tight just with your hands, you would have to do something pretty crazy to get it to come off.

Back
Top Bottom