Apeks question or 3...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No not at all, you can work as a DM or an AI as an INST anytime you choose to. For example I go out with local boats and DM when they need the help. I do it for free, and my insurance covers me. That's one of the reasons I don't get charged to dive with them on my days off.

warhammer

If you cannot get any answer from Apeks I may be able to help. I deal with Apeks on a regular basis for education purposes (I make site visits, both alone and with students). I know some of the personnel quite well and may be able to get an 'inside' answer.

Warhammer,
FYI
If you go with the Apeks make sure that you ask for the enviromental seal to be installed. It keeps the reg clean inside and would be needed for cold water diving. I believe that they are not shipped with them installed from the factory. I have the TX50 and have used it for the last 3 years with no problems, Great reg that breaths well. I dive water that gets down to 34 degrees and have had no problems.
Karl

I have been reviewing the posts for this particular subject and have made requests to the manufacturers for permission to post the information I have on their regs. This information includes flow studies, flow patterns, overall performance and maintenance issues. As I receive feedback from them I shall post the information to add clarity on this subject based on real testing not Opinion. I enjoy the shared information on all of the Scubaboards subjects but there needs to be room for Science Fact and not Science Fiction. Do not take this the wrong way all of your opinions matter to me and the questions and remarks that are posted, offer me a challenge to verify claims with Documention to ensure you have the latest and most accurate information available. This will aid in future equipment purchases. Thank you all for your continued interest in Diving Equipment and the "Real Deal".

Rainreg.

Rainreg,
Maybe you should change your name to "Real Deal".

I know that if I have a question you will supply "Just the facts mam" and no BS.
Thanks again, and can't wait until you retire.

Don

I am just as ready to retire as all of you await that very day. I thank you for your continued participation on these boards and look forward to your questions and answers.

"Real Deal" rainreg

So what's happening on this rather loooong thread? I am not considering the Apeks any longer, but still torn between an Atomic B1 and a MK20/S600.

I think I'll dive both of them first, then decide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom