Apeks regulator warranty & parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaoren:
I'm confident that if you'll look a little longer you'll be able to get the reg for the right price with manuf. warranty.
There are many good regs out there. It would depend on what you need it for. I may have missed something but why does it have to be an Apeks?

It actually doesn't. The problem I have is that below the thermocline, the water here is in the lower 40's, and muddy/murky as hell. The environmental seal on the DS4 appeals to me. The Scubapro doesn't really have that feature, though it does have an anti-freeze thing.

Scubapro is my backup. They are sold locally, serviced at many different shops, and the price difference between online and the store is a much more acceptable margin.

This is the way I'm starting to go now anyway. No reason to put myself in a situation where the lifetime cost of the item needs to go through the roof with mail-in service and no warranty.

ElectricZombie:
It's not your job to ensure the economic stability of the LDS by overpaying for you gear. If they don't/can't sell you the gear for a reasonable price, look elsewhere. If you can get the gear you want online for $300.00 or more less than from the LDS, I think it would be foolish not to buy online. If you really want to give away your $300.00, I will gladly take it off your hands! :wink:

EZ, this is exactly what is chapping my buns. This is a shop I plan to not frequent in the future anyway, and if I have to tie myself to them with this regulator (since they are the only service point in the neighborhood) then I'm not really happy with that arrangement.

On the other hand, when you factor in parts, there is a significant difference in a ten-year service plan. I now see why having widely available servicing is so important -- so when you don't like one place, you can go to another.

Beware Scubapro has changed its Lifetime Parts Warranty. If purchased reg's before 2012 and you bring them in on time each year for service (13 month window from date of purchase) you are OK. As of 1/1/12 any reg's purchased must be bought with a Scubapro Computer & BCD at the same time of purchase. If you just buy reg's you will pay for parts the rest of your life. This warranty info is published on the WEB look around. Scubapro is shooting themselves in the foot on this one.

THE - this thread is almost 8 years old... :D I'm betting these divers are on CCR by now.

Bjorn

It is easy to tell that this is an old thread because nobody recommended HOGS

THE - this thread is almost 8 years old...
But, we are entering the season of Lent. And, are therefore preparing for a 'resurrection', by resurrecting long dead SB threads! Amen.

...My question is about the cost of parts. I can't find anywhere that says if parts are covered under the warranty, and it appears that the Apeks website will accept an online purchase for warranty registration. ...Does Apeks warranty their regulators if sold online? Do they cover the cost of parts if they are under warranty?.

Since no one answered this one before- As long as the annual service history has been documented from the date of purchase AND the regulator was bought from an authorized dealer- free parts for life. It’s up to the discretion of the dealer/service center to honor warranty claims- a free parts form is submitted to Aqualung and parts get reimbursed to the shop. If not, Apeks 1st stage kits are $45 and 2nd stage kits are $17. I charge $45 for labor for 1st and 2nd stage. BTW, the kits contain EVERY oring in the whole system including hoses. They are ALL replaced along with seats and a new diaphragm during rebuild.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom